We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
reviews: 41
Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

I notice Thomson arrive at 5:30am to Mombasa, hotel arrival about 8am I guess.Does anyone know if a room is ready & are we on All Incl straight away for breakfast?

Next is departure. 4am!!!! from hotel. Party or sleep the night before.

Staying at Southern Palms.

13 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Not sure if rooms will be ready, but breakfast will be, as well as the pool and the beach:)

I would party all night:) Or keep the day before you depart a long day (wake up early, keep active all day), so that you sleep early, and then up by 3 am to depart at 4.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
2. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

The reps may do their welcome meeting if the rooms aren't ready. Their ploy to get you to buy their expensive trips before you get the option to look around. On the return trip home you can always doze on the plane.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 68
3. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

When Staying at Kilifi we normally get to the hotel between 7-7:30 after arriving in Kenya on the 530 flight and the rooms are always ready for us. We unpack have a shower, breakfast and are then out and about by 9am

For our return trip we just spend our last day relaxing by the pool have a good dinner and then have an early night. On departure day we take a private transfer to the airport and book it for an hour after the Thomson coach departs this way we miss the scrum at departures

Brighton, United...
reviews: 41
4. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tembofan hope the water levels are low where you are. Of course the reps will catch us whilst asleep.

Bruce569 how much is a private transfer. It's quite a distance isn't it? Would a local taxi be good?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
5. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

A private transfer will cost about £50 from Southern palms

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
6. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Its still raining here and I've almost developed webbed feet!

Cardiff
reviews: 37
7. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Have you added three hours? as my thomsons flight arrives there at 8.30 local time

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
8. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

Steve it depends when you are flying, the April flights arrive at 0830 but the May flights arrive at 0530

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 2
9. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

I will advice you get a private transfer to and from to save your it will cost you ksh5000 one way.

At the hour you will be arriving you will get your room ready depending with the month you will traveling,if its a busy season i fear it may not be ready for but breakfast for will be provided. All the best

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
10. Re: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'

From several previous threads, the consensus seems to be as Keron said, that the cost should be around 5,000/- which is currently around £35

Reply to: Thomson flight times 'Very Early'
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach