We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
reviews: 9
Snorkelling

Hi All,

As per my previous posts you may know I'm off to Amani Tiwi next month ;),

Could anyone tell me if you can snorkel on the reef outside the hotel beach area ( or where would I have to go locally to find the best spot),

Want to know wether to take our snorkelling equipment

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Snorkelling

Yes & yes.

kent
reviews: 9
2. Re: Snorkelling

Excellent thanks,

Better upgrade to 30kg !

Devon uk
reviews: 1
3. Re: Snorkelling

You can borrow equipment from the Barracuda, ask about someone taking you to the Africa shaped pool at low tide, a bit of a walk along the beach but worth it. If you want to see live coral inside the big reef that protects the south coast then you need to ask at the Barracuda about a trip to Robinson Island, or you could book a day out with a company like the Philip Pippa-- the guest relations desk at the hotel can do this for you. Why not email Pedro and Tracy at the Barracuda Dive school for information on equipment they have etc, it might save having to buy that extra luggage allowance! Take water shoes if you want to snorkel off Tiwi beach as the rock pools are home to loads of sea urchins.

Devon uk
4. Re: Snorkelling

You can borrow equipment from the Barracuda, ask about someone taking you to the Africa shaped pool at low tide, a bit of a walk along the beach but worth it. If you want to see live coral inside the big reef that protects the south coast then you need to ask at the Barracuda about a trip to Robinson Island, or you could book a day out with a company like the Philip Pippa-- the guest relations desk at the hotel can do this for you. Why not email Pedro and Tracy at the Barracuda Dive school for information on equipment they have etc, it might save having to buy that extra luggage allowance! Take water shoes if you want to snorkel off Tiwi beach as the rock pools are home to loads of sea urchins. Forgot to say to contact The Barracuda visit their website: divediani.com

Devon uk
5. Re: Snorkelling

Sorry about the double post, I can' be quiet awake yet! In case you missed it have a look at the divediani.com website.

Reply to: Snorkelling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted