We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani Sea Resort - near by orphanage?

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Romsey, United...
reviews: 2
Diani Sea Resort - near by orphanage?

Hiya,

We are off to Diani Sea Resort in less than two weeks! Can't wait!

I understand that the hotel organises trips to the local orphanage, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of it, and what they are in need of, as I would love to bring some stuff with me. Also I was wondering in what quantities people usually take?

Thank you in advance :)

shamba25
reviews: 6
1. Re: Diani Sea Resort - near by orphanage?

Hi the hotel usually do arrange something but im not sure all items that are donated by guests stay at the orphanage - I can reccomend footprintss kenya, they do have a web site & is an ex UK Thompsons rep - also maybe try Diani childrens village. Whichever you choose it really is worth a visit or even try a school. Usually its best to buy food like rice or Ugali whilst in kenya - If you want to bring something maybe pens.or colouring books- Have a top holiday

edinburgh
reviews: 132
2. Re: Diani Sea Resort - near by orphanage?

As I am part of the UK team for Footprints Orphanage in the Shimba Hills it is a wonderful experience to visit the children.

Go to the website www.footprintsorphanage.com and ask the Trustee Kevin Curtis what is required to take to the orphanage depending on your baggage allowance.

A charity letter letter will also be required if travelling with Thomson/First Choice if asking for excess baggage for the orphanage.

At times they need special items therefore that is why you should ask Kevin what may be required.

All donations given by guests DO STAY AT THIS ORPHANAGE AND THERE IS ALSO A JUST GIVING ACCOUNT IF YOU WISH TO SPONSOR A CHILD.

Kerry the founder will pick you up in her matatu bus the day you wish to go and you will have a full day interacting with the children and a lovely lunch with them.

Normally Kerry will take you back before 5 pm to your hotel but I would check before you go or when there what food they need as if they have a lot of maize that can go off and on the way home to your hotel Kerry will stop at a special store in Ukunda and will buy what is needed if you give her the money.

She will get large bags of beans rice etc cheaper than yourselves going in.

I would thoroughly recommend this orphanage.

It is a registered charity in the UK and registered with the Childrens' Department in Kenya who have brought children to the gates pleading for them to be accepted. (they have also recognised the orphanage as to a very high standard giving a good donation to the work that has been done and is still going on.

Have a lovely time.

3. Re: Diani Sea Resort - near by orphanage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach