We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking safari before we arrive?

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
booking safari before we arrive?

Hi all, we have booked our first Kenyan holiday, staying at the Baobab from the 10/3/2013. From what I have read I gather that it is preferable to book our safari with a local firm. What I would like to know is, is it necessary to book in advance of our uk departure in order to secure the days/lodges ect ...or just to go with the flow and book the safari when we arrive. We are looking at 2 nights/3 days and my hubby would love to experience a tented camp if that is any help lol

Mombasa, Kenya
1. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

I would imagine it is March '14 :) You can still get in touch with local companies and book with them beforehand. Do your research into the companies, parks and properties you are interested in first. I would prefer to have my plans sorted beforehand to make sure that I go where I want to and stay where I chose, rather than choose from what is available at the last minute. Also you will have time to get the good price, put together a nice itinerary, etc. When you arrive last thing you would want to do is go from company to company in the heat comparing prices, making last minute decisions and feeling under pressure instead of lazing on the beach with Piña Colada in hand!

Have fun planning and even more fun staying!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

2. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 16, 2013
Paris, France
3. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

Just wondering how much will cost for 3day safari in Kenya for 3people, any recommendation on which company to use?

Ilford, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

Frank it will depend an lot on when you go and the type of lodges you want to stay in. Why not look around Tripadvisor at the lodges to get an idea of the quality & type e.g basic camps, luxury tented camps, lodges that are more "hotel" style buildings, quirky lodges etc. Keep in mind your budget then contact a few operators to find out their prices.

Oxfordshire
reviews: 39
5. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

I am going to Kenya February 2014. We have decided to go on a 3 day 2 night safari to Tsavo East and west. I have looked at alot of tour operators and different lodges and have choose to go with F king tours and safari, he has a very good write up on trip adviser and he Emailed me back to all my inquires the same day. We have choose to stay in tented lodge at East, Ashnil Aruba lodge, and Kilaguni Serena lodge at west. He quoted £340 per person which I thought was very reasonable, that includes all food.

Paris, France
6. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

Thanks wendy.

Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

It depend if it camping or lodge.Which do you want.

uk
reviews: 1
8. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

We had our safari with Ekea Safaris and found them to be informative, competitively priced and prompt with replies. We've used them a few times and they have always delivered. Contact them at info@ekeasafaris.com

Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

Hello

Booking a safari is not easy and there are local tour companies in Kenya who can organise a Tailored Safari for you. No matter the type of accommodation be it hotels, lodges, camps, mobile camping you can be able to come to Kenya and enjoy a wildlife safaris.

Also its better to book your departure flight well in advance, as I am assuming you will be coming to Kenya in 2014.

Riberac, France
reviews: 33
10. Re: booking safari before we arrive?

Hi I am going next month, and staying at the same hotel you have booked how lush does that look, anyhow I have booked our Safari with Julias JT tours haggle as I have got a good rate for the both of us for 3 days 2 overnights, he has such good reviews and his communication with me has been great, i got in touch with him 2 months ago, and he emailed me agains last week to say its all booked havent paid a thing, will meet him next month

Good luck

Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach