We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

We are a family of 5 2 adults and 3 kids. We do not mind sharing one large room if possible since it only for 2 nights and we will out all day and come back just to sleep.

I am looking at Diani Palm Hotel, Southern Palms beach, asins hoilday inn, leisure lodge and hill park tiwi beach. which should I choose. My kids are 16,14 and 5 and hope they do not get bored. Any suggestions or any other hotels?

Edited: 4:49 pm, August 06, 2013
Glasgow, United...
1. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

whether you book in advance or on arrival the prices MIGHT be the same anyway,

why not have a look on arrival and then book,

the four hotels are on left side of diani beach when you enter diani beech road ,

except for tiwi beach which is on the way from likoni ferry,

i would understand if you are arriving late night or very early morning then you want a room ready,

but i find most hotels available anyway, unless they having a face lift !

edinburgh
reviews: 143
2. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

I can only speak for Southern Palms in Diani and you will not get or be allowed five in one room. The maximum is three - one double bed and a single day bed. They do have connecting rooms which you can split three - two.

Personally I do not think that any hotel would let 5 share a room unless going to an apartment and then you would still have to rent 2 rooms.

Lamu Island, Kenya
reviews: 42
3. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

I don't think rates are same when you book in advance or on arrival. Tour Operators have much cheaper rates than booking direct with big hotels. Last year in May (ok, that's low season), when I would have booked directly with Southern Palms Hotel (even with resident rates) I would have paid almost three times than through a (german) travel agent. I don't know about UK but I think Thomson is also the same groupe like TUI? Just check prices for room only.

UK
4. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

Giriama, I think those are wholesale prices that are negotiated in advance with tour operators but since I am not going through an operator it will be expensive.

UK
5. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

bina110, the only problem is how long it will take for us to look at the hotels with 3 kids and decide which one to go with. So maybe I can narrow my choices and only look at those that I have preselected when I get there?

6. Re: Need help in choosing which budget Hotel in Diani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach