We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mombasa, Kenya
reviews: 7
Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Hi there

My partner & I are currently living in Diani but need to move out of our accommodation within the next few months. We're seeking a longer term rental (around 4-6months) in the Diani/Ukunda area.

Our budget is around Kes. 30,000/- per month + electricity costs. We don't require a pool, or housekeeping etc but are looking for preferably a 2-bedroom furnished, self-catering cottage style place with perhaps a bit of a garden. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Cheers

Jo

8 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
1. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Have a look on 40 Thieves notice board. Sometimes there are properties listed on there. Also a couple of companies....

Diani Homes - http://www.dianihomes.co.uk/

DK Real Estate - www.dkrel.com/index.php/residential-to-let…

Nakumatt notice board is another option.

I'm sure I don't need to say security should be top of your list.

Mombasa, Kenya
2. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Hi - thanks for those tips. We have been scouring the noticeboards & looking at some places but some people want some crazy rents for what's on offer + they want to push up the price over Xmas/New Year. Anyway, thanks again & we'll keep looking :)

Jo

Killenaule...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

,,THE manager of USHAGOS JOHN from uk I FORGET HIS NAME maybe able to help,

London, United...
4. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Let me know if you're still looking to rent in Diani (as per your post of July 2013) or you know anyone else in a similar position - I have an excellent recommendation for you.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

Hi I am in the same position but a year on - higher rental capacity though and prefer unfurnished. I also have a odd and cat.

6. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:25 am, November 20, 2014

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
7. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

I gather from your post that you would be moving in after New Years.

Ushago is the best long-term accommodation deal in Diani but as a result it is almost always full. But stop in anyway as the person above suggested (it has a nice bar/restaurant too). John Bradley is the guy to speak to. I think right now a two bedroom is at or under 30k per month but 2015 prices could change.

The apartment complex between Aniello's and Leonardo's restaurants is also doable for 30k I think, but it is also a decent, well-priced place and as a result is in high demand.

Getting what you want for 30k could be a struggle in most other complexes unless you go to the extreme ends of Diani Beach - either the Kongo River end or Neptune. But your best bargaining chip is the fact you will stay 4-6 months. Long termers are much, much preferred.

Be aware that in most places, if you are required to pay a deposit you can forget about ever getting it back - even if you have a receipt. What you do is give notice one month before you intend to move out and tell them to put the deposit toward the last month's rent. Never pay more than one month in deposit.

Ukunda, Coast, Kenya
8. Re: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area

The only thing I would add is to be careful of villas (usually newer ones) built far off the tarmac road on the edge of the bush. We are seeing an uptick of house robberies in this lean season and properties bordering bush make good targets.

Reply to: Longer term rental in Diani/Ukunda area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach