We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fly to Diani Beach or Msa

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
fly to Diani Beach or Msa

Hello

We have booked Kole Kole on South Coast for the first time and thinking of flying directly to Ukunda Air strip instead of Msa Airport .. so far East Africa Safari Air Express have quoted us the cheapest flights but would like to know if they reliable and if they are operating at all.

Also would like to know if Hotels on South Coast provide transfer from & to the Ukunda airstrip.

Would really appreciate if someone can advice me accordingly. Many Thanks in advance.

10 replies to this topic
Mombasa, Kenya
1. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

Definitely if you are staying at Kole Kole it is much easier to fly directly to Ukunda from Wilson Airport in Nairobi. Transfers can be arranged with the hotel, some would charge, some would not, so it is better that you ask your hotel or TO directly if transfer is included.

Apart from the private charter that can be arranged, there are only three airlines flying to Ukunda: Air Kenya, Safarilink and Fly540/SAX (Safari Air Express). No other airlines fly to Ukunda.

Enjoy your trip to Kenya!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

UK
2. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

Thanks Larissa for your valued advice, I will look into the other three airline you mentioned.

many thanks

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
3. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

I will recommend fly 540 on that.

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
4. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

We've used Fly540 a couple of times to fly Musiara to Ukunda & found them to be totally reliable. On the first occasion we were picked up at the airport by the owner of our hotel, a gorgeous Russian lady! ;-) Last year on our return it was her husband, what a disappointment!!

5. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, July 18, 2013

UK
6. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

thank you all for your generous advice.. fly540 it is then :-)

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

Enjoy your holiday!!:-DB-)

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
8. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

i talked to Fly 540 yesterday because I couldn't find the flight I wanted on their website. She told me it was actually run by East Africa Safari Express (or something like that!!), but they handle the bookings. Do note that the flights are from Wilson Airport.

Cove, Oregon...
9. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

I and three members of my family will be visiting Kenya in January 2014. We would like to fly from Wilson airport to Diana Beach area and stay for two nights. Since this seems to be a complicated venture, does anyone recommend a Kenyan travel agent to help me with details?

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
10. Re: fly to Diani Beach or Msa

As per yesterday Fly 540 have stopped flights to Ukunda. If you are flying from Nairobi Safarilink and Airkenya are your best bets. From Masai Mara Mombasa Air will serve you. Please organize with your hotel for transfers, which will be at an added cost

Reply to: fly to Diani Beach or Msa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted