We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southern palms

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
reviews: 17
southern palms

can anyone help going to southern palms in a month time , can anyone tell me what beer they have there and is it draught or bottle. also how much a taxi costs from the airport, thanks

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
1. Re: southern palms

Most hotels in kenya have the common beers like tusker, plisner and gunnes etc. On price i wont comment but it should be around Ksh 300-400 bob per bottle. From the airport to the south coast i always take my common taxi driver whos car has a priority pass at the ferry to avoid long queue thus pass direct to the available vessel to cross the channel. All the best and enjoy your holiday.

2. Re: southern palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
edinburgh
reviews: 96
3. Re: southern palms

Having been out to Southern Palms many many times we use the same taxi driver and the rate is 5000khs to Southern Palms. This is the going rate whether you have a priority pass or not!! This is for one way.

Beer - Tusker or Pilsner is served in bottles and costs 320 khs per bottle.

Please PM me if you wish a reliable taxi driver.

edinburgh
4. Re: southern palms

Should have added there is no draft beer but there is guiness.

Leeds
reviews: 2
5. Re: southern palms

Malaika is your bod for southern palms!

shamba25
reviews: 6
6. Re: southern palms

Hi - beer question already answered - but i think you will find that 5000ks is over priced for a pre booked taxi,

you should be paying no more than 4000ks one way - If you are planing to use the same driver for the return then 7000/7500ks would be a good price all round -

Just my experience. - enjoy your holiday.

edinburgh
7. Re: southern palms

Shamba. Southern Palms is at the Northern end of the strip of hotels on the Diani coast and if you have been there then any taxi driver will charge 5000 khs from the airport to the hotel.

That was the charge in May 2013.

Edited: 4:39 am, June 25, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
8. Re: southern palms

I agree on the taxi charge of Kshs 5000. That would be a licensed taxi. Maybe the fly by night "taxi's" may charge Kshs 4000.

9. Re: southern palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2014