We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monkeys at Southern Palms

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grays Thurrock...
reviews: 228
monkeys at Southern Palms

Hello,

My husband & I are planning on holidaying in Kenya next year. We have been looking at Southern Palms. The reviews are great but the only thing which worries me is the monkeys. I like to sit on the balcony reading a book in the early mornings and i'm worried one might jump onto the balcony.

Has anyone been there and experienced this?

Am i just worrying?

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 34
1. Re: monkeys at Southern Palms

The monkeys keep away from people, if they see you on the balcony they will not come on it.

edinburgh
reviews: 143
2. Re: monkeys at Southern Palms

There are monkeys at Southern Palms but none come to our balcony as we do not feed them.

You tend to find them at the main restaurant, snack bar or the gardens and trees by the pool during the day..

However if the last guests to vacate your room have been feeding them which is not allowed then they may try to see what is going on at your balcony.

I was caught in this situation many years' ago when I was reading on the balcony and went indoors to fetch some more literature and saw a shadow and a monkey had entered the room - I got a fright and screamed and the monkey got a fright but I flung a book at it and somehow got it out of the room.

My husband was at the bank!!

They also tend to look inside the room as the hotel provides a platter of fruit but as long as you keep the door locked they won't get in.

The staff are are armed with catapults to frighten them away.

I would not worry too much about them - just keep your bags near you as they tend to run with a handbag or beach bag as well!!

Edited: 8:52 am, May 03, 2013
Grays Thurrock...
reviews: 228
3. Re: monkeys at Southern Palms

Thanks all

4. Re: monkeys at Southern Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach