We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Hi

can anyone explain the essential differences between a superior and delux room within the Maridadi wing? And the benefits of choosing one over the other.

I've emailed the hotel direct who have just pointed me to the fact sheet on their website (which I'd already looked at) but it doesn't spell it out.

Any other comments or pointers regarding all room/wing choices at the Baobab would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andrew

London
1. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

anyone?

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
2. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Hi,

as is can remember, the better rooms are a handfull which are located closer to the private beach part.

I think we had a common Maridadi Room which was great. It was located in the main room building close to the upper pool part and we really liked it.

Not sure, if there are also some bugalows belonging to the Maridadi Part.

Maybe you would get better informations if you ask someone who just wrote a review.

Bye

Chrissy

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Hi Andrew,

I too have been trying to figure this out, I spoke to the travel operator and I think the Kole Kole wing is the one with the infinity pool and private beach, not 100% though!

Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 29
4. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Hi Andrew

The superior rooms are right at he edge of hotel and over look small beach and sea, though the trees block out a lot of view, we stayed there in 2011and the rooms are very spacious, but you do get noise at night from next door late night disco. The Kole wing has infinate pool, and is favoured by Italians.

Hope this helps

Ilford, United...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

We've only stayed in the Kole Kole wing so can't comment on the Maridadi wing but the beauty is you are free to move through the three wings so if one pool area/restaurant is not to your liking you move to another :)

Hope you manage to make your mind up on the room types

London
6. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Thank you to all posters for their replies.

I'm pretty settled on the Maridadi wing as it seems quiet whilst still giving access to everything.

Still not sure what the deluxe rooms offer that the superior don't but have emailed the resort again to ask them!

On their fact sheet they state all the superior rooms are sea facing but they don't say this about the deluxe so it almost seems you lose that benefit.......

Thanks again

Andrew

bristol
reviews: 4
7. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

me and my wife are going on 22nd march and staying in superior maridadi so may be able to let you know when we get back .

hope that helps .

Cardiff
reviews: 31
8. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Be aware that most rooms in Maridadi are sea facing but many have quite a limited view of the sea between trees and over the top of the buildings nearer the beach. We stayed in a superior room-from what I can remember,the deluxe rooms just had better fittings and a giant double bed rather than two standard doubles!!

Edited: 4:53 am, March 10, 2013
London
9. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

brewerdave/marsam1969

Thanks for your comments.

marsam1969 - your first hand observations will be much appreciated on your return - have a great holiday.

Thanks

Andrew

bristol
reviews: 4
10. Re: Baobab Beach Resort - room choices in Maridadi wing.

Will post while I'm there .