We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baobab Beach Resort Question

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 3
Baobab Beach Resort Question

Hello,

I going to be booking my Kenya trip tonight staying at the Baobab beach Resort.

First Choice have given us the option of a Deluxe room with Limited Sea View (kole kole section) or a Double sea view in the main complex.

Does anyone know what the Kole Kole section is like and what the benefits are of staying in this part of the resort?

Bristol, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

can anyone help?

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
2. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

Hi,

we stayed at the Maridadi Wing in August last year. You can use all facilities. The rooms there were great.

In my eyes the Kole Kole part ist the noisest one, but the rooms are not too close to the pool and "action" area.

For me i prefered the quieter Maridadi wing, but we went some times in the late afternooon for a drink to the TapaTapa Bar in the Baobab section.

The Kole Kole is newer than the Baobab part.

Maybe it will be an option for you - if you are asking friendly at the hotel if you are not confident with your room, maybe you can change.

Bye

Chrissy

nairobi
reviews: 4
3. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

The main complex is their old wing, and the rooms aint as good as in Kolekole and Maridadi Wing. As Kenyanfan put it, Maridadi is the best of all!

Go for either Kolekole or Maridadi wing. You can still stay at Kolekole wing, and use the facilities of maridadi wing (swimming pool and the restaurants).

best of luck and hope you will have fun.

Oxford, UK
reviews: 2
4. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

You don't say when you are going but bear in mind that if it is off season or tourism is very quiet for a reason such as the elections hotels such as Baobab & Neptune close sections of the hotel anyway so you may be moved whatever you book. This is just for info and not meant to make you worry.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 47
5. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

We just came back having spent Christmas and New Year at Baobab. We stayed in Maridadi- the rooms are fine and as others have said you can use any part of the resort. We had an ocean view and could watch the sunrise from bed.

Sue

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 17
6. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

I have stayed in the kole kole 4 times now and in my personal opinion it's totally worth any extra you may pay. The views are spectacular over the infinity pool and the general ambience of kole kole is best. My second choice is maridadi wing and then the main baobab area. If you require anymore help please ask.

7. Re: Baobab Beach Resort Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 04, 2014