We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of safari ??

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 4
cost of safari ??

we are thinking of going to Diani early September and are looking at doing a (private for 2 people )4 day/ 3 night safari to Tsavo East & West & Amboselli whilst we are there I have emailed a few companies but the quotes vary massively for very similar lodges. Was wondering has anyone done this safari from Diani and how much did you pay ?? Thanks

Durham
reviews: 18
1. Re: cost of safari ??

I have sent you a PM

bath
2. Re: cost of safari ??

I have been following this post to see what the price is !! And you reply to the person with a private message , i thought trip advisor was to share with all ? Am i wrong on this ???

manchester, United...
reviews: 42
3. Re: cost of safari ??

I don't think you are wrong HollyMay. I'd be very wary of any private messages that I received unsolicited. There are so many touts on this forum that I wouldn't trust anyone who sent me a PM - particularly if it was offering services. Thorn Tree have recently disabled PMs - and a good thing too IMHO.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
4. Re: cost of safari ??

the price am getting is around $840 per person sharing for two people on a private jeep.Whats your quote?

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
5. Re: cost of safari ??

Durhamlass is not a tout or company director/owner. The main reason "we" send PM's in response to safari questions is because "we" have our recommended companies and feel it inappropriate to publish recommendations on a forum. Private messages can be deleted without reading if one wishes, in this case, Durhamlass was more than likely passing on the name and details of a safari company she can personally recommend. Once one company is mentioned on a forum, it tends to get overloaded with recommendations, some not so good......

Hope that helps.

manchester, United...
reviews: 42
6. Re: cost of safari ??

I also have my "recommended companies" but I wouldn't publish them or send them via a PM unless the OP asked me to.......a new person to this forum has no idea if either you or Durhamlass is a tout or company director. Neither do I for that matter.

Telford, Shropshire
7. Re: cost of safari ??

Val - I'm neither (Destination Experts are rarely, if ever, company directors or touts and if so, generally declare it e.g. Yankari) and i think a "newbie" can see how many posts people have done, for example, I would trust your judgement as you have 615 posts and 33 reviews - therefore you're not a "troll" or "tout" etc. It's not difficult for someone to check peoples past postings - the PM facility is there, therefore people can use it. There is an option to block.............

nairobi
reviews: 1
8. Re: cost of safari ??

Hi Dinosaurs

Since you want a private safari for 2 it will cost a little more...this is so because, when you are two you will take a whole tour van that carries 8 people by yourself since its private... A budget safari will cost roughly $1200 for the two of you for the 3 nights......minus park entrance fees in Amboseli and Tsavo..

Edited: 8:01 am, January 22, 2013
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 45
9. Re: cost of safari ??

Min, Val, Durhamlass,

you do not need to be shy about recommending any company you have good service from as long as you don't own, represent or work for it.

The guidelines say:

❝We welcome referrals, recommendations, and critiques from our members, but travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or "sold to".❞

Telford, Shropshire
10. Re: cost of safari ??

Thanks Paul - I always felt a little uncomfortable publicly recommending hence the PMs. Will now recommend on forums.

Min xxx :-)