We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 26
Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Hi, my fiancé and I are travelling to Diani reef beach hotel and spa and are on a half board basis as we like venturing out of hotels and exploring our surroundings during lunch hours. Are there many decently priced restaurants and shopping markets? Can anyone recommend a restaurant? We are excited but worried there might be little choice on offer of too far to walk to.

Thank you in advance.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Things To Do in Diani

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g775870-Activiti…

It's all listed comprehensively on TA as well as Restaurants to eat.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
2. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Hi,

i don't know the South Coast but you might find this map useful while you wait for answers from members who do

http://www.dianibeach.com/map/index.htm

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
3. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Hi,

try Moiz Boutique opposite of Diani Reef for shopping - there is a small bar beside where you can enjoy a cold drink (Bella Cruz Pub). Also different restaurants like Galaxy (not so mine), italian cuisine (Aniello`s - my favourite, Leonardo`s - fantastic ice cream), Leisure Lodge Gold Club - good for a sundowner or light lunch.

Also if you walk at the beach direction Mombasa - about 800 m you will find a lovely beach restaurant (the one of the Bahari Dhow Beach Villas)...and much more...

Bye

Chrissy

reviews: 26
4. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Thank you for the help. Wanted something personal like this to help me get a feel of what's on offer.

Scotland
reviews: 11
5. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

Ali Barbours Cave is lovely if you want an evening meal away from the hotel. The restaurant is built into a cave, lit by fairy lights and candles. Food was good and pretty reasonably priced. The restaurant will arrange to collect you from your hotel and drop you back after you've eaten free of charge. Hotel reception can book a table for you.

They are not open for lunches but the nearby Forty Thieves bar owned by the same people is.

6. Re: Things to do around,Diani reef beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, May 24, 2013