We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diani beach hotel which is best ?

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lockerbie
reviews: 3
diani beach hotel which is best ?

looking for 25th wedding anniversary holiday at diani sea lodge or papillon lagoon reef or can u reccommend better with a sea view ? also where is best safari package 3/4 nights- and would like to do touring but not sure how

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: diani beach hotel which is best ?

Hi,

well, we stayed in Diani for 1 time at the Leopard, the Papillon and the Southern Palms. From my personal experience - nice, but no place i would return.

Have been 3 times to Leisure Lodge (great sea views from superior room with letter A - D) and the IOBC (great beach bungalows). Our absolute favourite after the past and second stay - the Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa. Very nice place, great service, delicious food and lovely staff (which is in nearly all of the places we stayed in Kenya).

I know - i am lazy with my reviews, but just started working on it.

If you are searching for something special - i would have an eye on the Diani Reef.

Safari - Well, depending on the time you are going - if between july and october - migration time in the Mara.

I also love the Tsavo East and the Amboseli, but only with 4 nights (1 night Tsavo West - 2 nights Amboseli, 1 night Tsaov East). Also a combination of e.g. Galdessa Camp in Tsavo East with the Finch Hattons or Severin Safari Camp in Tsavo West might be something special.

Try to contact some local tour operators (we are always using an kenyan tour operator since some years and have been always very confident) and ask them for some offers. Than you can compare and collect some informations about different places.

Hope this helps a little bit - if you have any questions or need infos, please feel free to ask.

Bye

Chrissy

Kent
reviews: 1
2. Re: diani beach hotel which is best ?

We stayed at Diani Sea Resort for 2 weeks in Feb and enjoyed it immensley (except for the warm beer!). Also booked a 3night African Encounters safari via Thomsons before we left. Stayed at Shimba Hills, Ngulia Lodge and Voi. All good and have seperate reviews on this site. Enjoy yourself but dont expect 5 star "British" style.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
3. Re: diani beach hotel which is best ?

I have 2 agree with Deeker, DSR is lovely cosy Hotel.

Could'nt find anything wrong with DSR. I guess the only thing that u will have to put up with is the 'salty water' in the showers.

What i liked most about the hotel is the pool (with mini watefall) + Sunday Buffet Curry Lunch.

I highly recommend DSR +ask for a Sea View Room.

Stef.

Edited: 7:21 am, April 01, 2011
4. Re: diani beach hotel which is best ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach