We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 43
Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Hi

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Diani beach this week for the first time. I would like to do some diving. Does anybody know if April is a good time for diving in terms of visibility etc? and can anyone recommened any diving companies to use?

Any other advice on things to see and do like restaurants, good snorkeling etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Manchester, England
1. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

I havent been yet, going ont he 6th May, but I've been going through these forums loads! For a restaurant lots of people recommend: • www.dianibeachkenya.com/cave_restaurant.html apparently a couple can get 3 courses and drinks for around £50 - £60.

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Hi,

You can get it a lot cheaper than that so I have heard. You are meant to be able to 'live like a king' for £80 a day, including all food and touristy activities, but nearer the coat it may be more expensive.

I am going to Diani in May too! Have you ever been to Kenya in May befor? Its rainy season and Im not sure what to expect!

I have heard safaris are a must while you are there though.

London
reviews: 1
3. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

By the way Ras have an amazing time! Im so jealous i wish i was going already!

Camberley, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

The link is for Ali Barbours Cave Restaurant, which is beautiful, but more appropriate for a treat once or twice during your stay rather than every night. That is what the price reflects too. There are indeed other cheaper restaurants, but do go to Ali Barbours too, lovely food, really good wine, fab service and a unique environment.

London, United...
5. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Thanks looking forward to it,

been checking things out as well and another place forty thieves sounds like a decent bar!

enjoy!

Shanzu, Kenya
6. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Ras78,

with regards to your planned diving you can expect lower than average visibility at this time of the year.Nevertheless you should book a day's diving(2 dives) and then you still can decide whether you go again and do more dives.In general the diving is very good there,lots of different dive sites.There are at least 3 different dive companies operating from Diani.The one i remember is 'Diving the crab'.Just google diving diani and they should all pop up.

Enjoy your diving,

Chuchu

London, United...
7. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Really helpful Chuchu, Thanks.

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
8. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Hi,

you can also try these places;

- the beach restaurant of the Sands at Nomads Hotel (european prices)

- Leonardos (italian, also european prices, but over 30 different types of ice cream and you can enjoy them)

- Aniellos (also italian - my favourite)

- Wahnsinns (in the shopping bazaar complex - under the Bull`s Steakhouse restaurant) - great and a good choice of different types of foods - higly recommandale - low prices

- if you like chinese - maybe the Galaxy restaurant

if you like to try african food for tourists :

- one of the African Pots

- Ushago (5 types of cuisine in one place)

Also the Coastal dishes (i would prefer to go there for lunch) or the Sundowner restaurant are places where you can go.

For only having a drink :

- Ushago

- Pintz

- Wahnsinns

- Kings Club

These are only some places you can try. If you are there you will recognize, that there are a lot more places.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Bye

Chrissy

Edited: 12:11 pm, March 31, 2010
London, United...
9. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Thanks Chrissy

Unfortunately I didn't see this until I got back although we did go to Galaxy and Aniellos which were both really good. Completely agree Aniellos was really good food and value.

I went scuba diving with SX scuba diving in the end if anyone is interested and was impressed with them and the diving!

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
10. Re: Diani Beach General & Diving Advice Please

Jambo,

hakuna matata, think you also had a nice time and enough to do. One question - would you go back?

Bye

Chrissy

Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach