We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
reviews: 6
advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

Hi guys

My boyfriend & i are intrested in going to kenya on holiday next year & like the look of the baobab beach resort or the kole kole section of it preferably. Just want some advice please, what to expect, weather. maybe there is a nicer hotel? what season is there hot season? have no info on kenya what so ever. i hear they have a monsoon season too, defo not wanting to go then lol. please help. thanks x

uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

I have never stayed at that end of Diani so I can't say anything about any hotels but I have been many times at different times of the year.

The main rainy season in April/May/June and you get a smaller rainy season Oct/Nov it may rain for a few hours but not all day at this time of the year, but the weather is unpredictable these days. You hardly get any rain Jan/Feb it is very humid from Oct to March with lots of sunshine.

birmingham
reviews: 6
2. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

thanks ever so much for the reply. have you ever been in september? What could i expect the weather to be like then? Do you know the averages? :-)

Iver Heath, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

weather2travel.com/climate-guides/index.php…

Henley on Thames
reviews: 1
4. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

We go to Diani every year and plan to return for our 5th visit just after christmas, baobab is a little further out of town than most of the resorts and you will need a taxi to get anywhere, have never stayed there so can't comment on the resort itself but it is based on a cliff so you cannot just walk onto the beach I believe you have to go down quite a few steps and from the sea it looks like quite a few I am sure others will be able to help you with this.

If you like to get out and about and see the local shops etc and don't want to have to rely on taxis to get you everywhere, why not look at the Diani Sea Resort we have always found it excellent, food great, rooms lovely and the staff so helpful and its right on the beach and just across the road from the new shopping complex with lovely bar and restaurant and some great little shops.

If you need the number of a taxi driver while you are out there just send us and email and we can give you our drivers number our email is office@racingrevelations.co.uk

The hotest time of the year is january february this is high season the main rainy season is march - may but it is always hot

Have a great time wherever you decide to stay

Skippies Mob

Mombasa,Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

kole kole is definitely superior as opposed to diani sea resort.

also look at leopard beach resort. the superior rooms are simply superior....( the furnishings and all that as well.

the weather in kenya these days is funny. its rains without season.don't be so worried because it normally rains for an hour or so and it then becomes very very hot, so its not rain all the time unless you are very very unlucky.

south coast, kenya
6. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

Sept is a great month in Diani/south coast area. The monsoon rains end in June and thereafter thru to Nov, a few times a week there might be a 30 min-1 hr rain shower, then it'll be sunny for the rest of the day with temps around 30C day and 25C at night.

Apart from the big hotels, there are also some excellent beachfront cottages for rent. They usually come with their own cook to pamper you with great food rather than standard hotel-fare.

On the beach: Check out Club Kusini Cottages, Galu Sea Lodge and Diani Beachlets...

or off the beach but with pool, try Indian Summer Cottages or Wayside Apartments - both are within 250 metres of the beach.

bazz

Kenya
7. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

Just wanted to add in if you have not made your trip yet. Try out Water lovers which is owned by very lovely couple who look after their guests as if you are at home,the cottages are directly on the beach and have a big pool. On your list ,it is worth checking out Indian Summer cottages which are 250- 300 mtrs from the beach.with a big pool. Galu Sea lodge which is directly on the beach and has a swimming pool comes with cook and housekeeper. This place is managed by Hugh & Magdalena but you can google the website.last but not least, kinondo kwetu which has a website.and you can get in touch directly with the owners.I have never stayed in a hotel in diani but being in a cottage, apartment or villa gives you a good experince.Hope this helps. Maza Mkenya

8. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:06 pm, November 05, 2009
London
9. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

articlesbase.com/travel-articles/kenya-gener…

10. Re: advice please --- kenya virgin!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 09, 2010