We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

All same price..........

Which one!!!???

Any ideas????

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Personally, I would steer clear of Baobab Beach Resort! In March they deliberately bulldozed a large portion of the indigenous trees that provide shelter for the local colobus monkeys. Here's an extract from the article.............

On the 31st of March 2008 representatives from government authorities including, Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS), the Kenya Forestry Service (KFS) and the National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) along with the Colobus Trust (CT) and the South Coast Residents Association (SCRA) visited the Baobab Beach Resort (BBR) in Diani in response to reports that BBR was clearing its indigenous forest. It was found that a considerably sized area of forest had been cleared down to the ground in two weeks, with little care for the preservation of the forest. Also, a trench was being built onto the beach with a pipeline for supposed water drainage and other disturbance had occurred within the 30-meter buffer zone above the High-Tide Mark.

Unfortunately I haven't stayed in either of the other resorts you mentioned, but have only stayed at Neptune Paradise Village - which I can recommend.

Dave

Bristol, United...
2. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Here's the link to the story that I reported about in my previous post....

http://colobus.wildlifedirect.org/

Dave

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 11
3. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Choose Whitesands!!!!

on the North coast easy access to the majority of attraction and the town Of Mombasa

beatiful hotel ..good food and very pleasanr friendly staff .

book now !!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
4. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Out of the three, Whitesands due to its accessibility to Mombasa and attractions.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 59
5. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Whitesands is the best option but try and upgrade to AI as the drinks are quite expensive

Cheshire
6. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Whitesands is the place. Most attractions are in North coast, discos, eat outs and infact Barclays bank a walking distance.

FRESH.

South Wales
7. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Wish i'd seen this before i posted the same question again!!!

Many Thanks

Seems like the Whitesands is the winner!!

Strange that it doesn't get into top 10 of kenya hotels but baobab is about 3rd???

Flying fromLondon as wellwhich will make it easier........ Baobab was from manchester!!

South Wales
8. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

Cool, Many thanks, now the next question.....

What day trips /attractions from sarova are there which are worthwhile??

yorkshire
9. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

oh alot, you could do a half a day city tour that will take you to the great akamba curving workshops, The hindu temple, fort jesus build by the portuguise, the elephant tusks and the spice market. there is also the healler park with crocodile and giraffe feeding in the late afternoon here you could just take a taxi. Malindi full day trip that will take you to vasco da gama pillar gede ruins and the butterfly farming on the way, you could also do a full day shimba hills park south of Mombasa where amongst many other animals the rare sable valley antelope is the attraction, there also many local tour operators that do local bush tours, wasini island where you could do snorkelling with the dolphins if lucky, etc get in touch with your travel agent or any of the local tour operators and you will get an endless list no need to get bored in the hotels

10. Re: Diani Reef (HB), Baobab Resort (AI) or Sarova Whitesands (HB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, October 05, 2009