We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earthquake

Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 49
earthquake

Hi in Kefalonia & was wondering about the earthquakes here because I think we just had one, only lasted about 5 seconds but the apartment shook a bit, Is this normal as I am getting married tomorrow, I think it might be a sign from God or my Mother warning my wife to be !!!!

reviews: 18
11. Re: earthquake

Yes 1 last night & 1 while havin BBQ 2ngt not 1953 tho

staffordshire
reviews: 20
12. Re: earthquake

was a 4.7 earthwake centre nr Katelios apparentley had 3 last couple days. they are common but not normally so strong. Oh and buildings will take a 7 so no need to worry.

Devon
reviews: 32
13. Re: earthquake

Small tremours are common place and the locals are used to them and think nothing of them, though can imagine for us holiday makers can be a little disturbing!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 34
14. Re: earthquake

In lourdas now, certainly felt it last night, it wasn't strong enough to spill my wine, so all is well. X

Stockport, United...
reviews: 8
15. Re: earthquake

I'm in Sparti now,happened while we was having tea. A few people were a bit concerned in the taverna but George soon calmed there fears.

Cheshire
16. Re: earthquake

We came home on the 8th so missed it but had a couple of them over the years. As said "quite common"

More info and blogs from people all around the island plus Zante.

volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/archive/201…

Cephalonia, Greece
reviews: 14
17. Re: earthquake

A little more on the slightly larger than normal earthquake 2 nights ago. We were at epicentre & it was only 10 kilometres down. No problems, all quite usual.

…greekreporter.com/2013/…

Cheshire
18. Re: earthquake

For all of you earthquake lovers. Want to be kept up to date with earthquakes in Greece:-

…gein.noa.gr/HL/…last-24-hours-automatic

This site is constantly updating with the latest quake information.

Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 49
19. Re: earthquake

thanks all, well done for not spilling a drink

Cheltenham...
20. Re: earthquake

Hi here in kefalonia too. Yes it was an earthquake and apparently 4.6 on the scale and came from in between scala and Zante on the same point as the big 1953 quake. Alls well though... We were in arostoli at a restaurant and the whole table and chairs rose up, all the birds flew away and everyone went quiet, very eerie. Hope your wedding went well we got married here 2 years ago in scala a very special moment.