We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

New York City, New...
reviews: 25
Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

My husband and I will be driving up to Prudhoe Bay mid September with plans to stay the night in Wiseman on our way up and on the return as well. The Prudhoe Bay hotel is a possibility but won't take a reservation this far in advance. I found "The Aurora Hotel" website which looks like it opened in 2008 but I can't find any reviews, photos or listings anywhere. Has anyone stayed there than can give me some insight? Or, recommend anywhere else to stay?? Many thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Issaquah, Washington
reviews: 10
1. Re: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

Did you look at the Deadhorse town web site ?

New York City, New...
2. Re: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

Yes, I did @ yescanada thanks! As well as the 2012 Milepost. Regarding the Prudhoe Bay Hotel... by the time I can try again to reserve something I'll already be in Alaska with limited internet access. I've also emailed The Aurora Hotel but haven't heard back yet. Was just wondering if anyone's stayed there recently or could tell me about it. Thanks!

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
3. Re: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

When in Alaska you will never be far from internet access. So don't wory about that. Libraries, many hotels, etc. all have computers for public use. If you are spending days or weeks in the backcountry that is a different story but otherwise you will be able to find internet access fairly easily.

Issaquah, Washington
reviews: 10
4. Re: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

I was responding to the 'other recomendations" portion of your question. Arctic Oilfield Hotel was the 3rd option.

A search on "aurora hotel" only brings up 2 threads. Not much info, sorry.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=349&geo=28923&scope=2&q=%22aurora+hotel%22&s=D

Edited: 9:26 pm, August 20, 2012
New York City, New...
5. Re: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September

Sorry...I misread your response. :-) I'll check out "Arctic Oilfield Hotel"....thanks for the lead. I don't mind "winging it" in the more populated cities but not having something pinned down that far out of the way makes me nervous. Thank you again!

Reply to: Looking for lodging in Deadhorse mid September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Deadhorse