We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time of year to visit?

orange county,ca.
reviews: 3
When is the best time of year to visit?

I'm saving up money with my wife to go to Fiji in 2011. I've made the decision to book with Matangi. What month do you think is best to visit this resort and why? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
1. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

I have only been in Aug/Sept and we have booked again for Sept 2010. The days are warm and the nights are comfortable.

Travel safe

Kel

Australia
reviews: 30
2. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

Avoid November to April-wet season. a cyclone can really spoil a holiday. June -August is mild -not as much humidity but still good for swimming.A light jacket at night.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

Have a look at the following travel article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-s208/Fiji:Wea…

Beerwalk :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
4. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

We all want great weather when we go to Fiji. That said, there are no guarantees. We have vacationed at Matangi three times during March and April and could not complain about the weather. There was the brief tropical downpour usually in the afternoon. Had one day where it rained all day. It sometimes rained at night which is a good time to rain. This year, we went late February and left a few days before Cyclone Tomas hit. Before that, it rained a lot some nights, but had no days where it rained all day. Again, could not complain. It was hotter and more humid in February than March or April. Takes a few days to adjust to. The bures have an A/C unit installed in the canopy above the bed. Makes for great, comfortable sleeping. Last year during the the drier months of June thru August, Matangi and the nearby islands received days of rain at a time. Friends of ours vacationed at Matangi last November and had great weather.

If you would like to see pictures of our vacations to Matangi, send me your e-mail address in a private message. I will send you an invitation to view the pictures we posted on Picasa website. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about Matangi. Will do my best to answer them for you.

Kel, when are you looking at returning to Matangi in September. We are thinking about booking then. Maybe we will see you there.

Brisbane
reviews: 27
5. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

I have been to Fiji during the months of

Jan

March

April

May

July

August

Nov

Dec

And to date the best weather I have had was our most recent trip in Jan. Hot but not too bad, perfect sunny days and no rain but thats not typical of Jan. I have had great weather on all the other months however I find June/August time too cool for me to want to swim and nights are cold. Socks and jackets but I live in a warm climate and am use to nice winters.

Nov was lovely with perfect days and nice evenings

Every time I visit in March I get storms and humidity

So all you can do is pick your time and go and enjoy whatever weather you get :-)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
reviews: 82
6. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

My favorite months in Fiji are May and Oct/Nov. The water is warm the days are lovely and usually dry with cooler nights for comfortable sleeping without air conditioners.

7. Re: When is the best time of year to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Matangi Island