We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which island to visit in Ben Tre?

Which Ben Tre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
italy
reviews: 11
which island to visit in Ben Tre?

Any advice on the relative merits of An Binh and Phoenix Island?

Thank you!

Pollo on the move

5 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
reviews: 29
1. Re: which island to visit in Ben Tre?

Phoenix is touristy, An Binh island belong to Vinh Long province.

Ben Tre is formed by 3 big islands including Minh, Bao and An Hoa. There are 2 small island that popular to tourists which are Phoenix and Turtle which I would not recomend. You might want to explore the bigger island such as An Hoa that is new to tourism and very beautiful.

Cheers,

Nhung

italy
reviews: 11
2. Re: which island to visit in Ben Tre?

thank you! that's just the kind of info i was looking for.

If we visited one of the less touristy islands you suggest in Ben Tre, would a visit to An Binh still be worthwhile? and would we manage to fit it in the same day/tour?

Pollo on the move

Ben Tre, Vietnam
3. Re: which island to visit in Ben Tre?

Hi Polo, You can not fit them in one day.Ben Tre is a huge province that require lots of time to explore.

An Binh is an Island in Vinh Long that is nice too but is more touristy than An Hoa , Mo Cay or Giong Trom district in Ben Tre.

Cheers,

Nhung

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
4. Re: which island to visit in Ben Tre?

Just a related question, if you don't mind me dropping in on this thread.

Is it possible to visit Ben Tre islands by ourselves, without a day tour group? I.e we'd catch a bus from Ho Chi Minh - and then once in Ben Tre what should we do? Do we hire boats to get us around etc?

we are interested in going on boat rides on teh river/canals, seeing locals etc, but want it to feel a little more authentic rather than on a tour.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
5. Re: which island to visit in Ben Tre?

You can easily get from Saigon to Ben Tre by public bus by your self and request for a drop off at the hotel. When you are there you can contact the hotel to suggest some boat tours for you.

There are many good public bus companies such as Minh Tam, Thinh Phat or Thao Chau .

Cheers

Nhung

Reply to: which island to visit in Ben Tre?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted