We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moraira

Which Moraira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
keighley
reviews: 4
Moraira

I am staying in a villa in Moraira for 2 weeks in July/August with my wife. Its not our usual type of holiday we normally holiday in Greece and usually self catering.

I have not been to Spain for many years and was wondering what people thought of Moraira, what the prices were like to eat out and in the local bars?

What is the resort like and are there any nice walks in the area?

Edited: 11:58 am, February 04, 2012
Calpe
reviews: 1
1. Re: Moraira

Jumbocod will pick up on your post I'm sure...she know's the area so well.

Moraira is a beautiful little town with a lovely atmosphere, especially during festival times etc.

Moraira was the place we chose for holiday's 3 years running. We fell in love with this part of Spain and luckily now live down the cost in Calpe. We find the restaurants and bars in Moraira are all great for prices. It depends on what you like to eat...from 20 euros down to 5 euros you can have an enjoyable meal/snack in so many different places, almost too many to choose from.

Ther's also many lovely walks in the area, again depends on your choice, mountains, hills or coastal?

Watch out for Jumbocods posts lol...sure she'll pick up on it.

Hope I've helped a little.

Annie

keighley
2. Re: Moraira

Annie

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Your comments are really helpful.

Thank you

Mark

Calpe
3. Re: Moraira

You're very welcome...hope you have a great holiday when you get here...really cold at the moment but still blue skies.

Annie

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
reviews: 51
4. Re: Moraira

Hi, here I am like Annie said, haha. Moraira is beautiful, you will fall in love with it, it's lovely little town and marina. There are numerous eating places, depends what you like really. I would say in a restaurant you can say starting from approx 15 euros each for a meal with a drink. We tend to go for tapas when we eat out where we can have a variety of small portions. Just be careful and check the menu before you go in. For typical English and nice home cooked in the centre then you won't beat Doonas, down the side of pizza Tigre in the church square. You are coming at the busy time so should be a nice atmosphere.

If you like superb fish & chips then we have a fish & chip diner and take away, when I say this please don't think of your typical fish & chip shop in the UK. The fish is delicious, our menu is very extensive and the majority home made. During the day we have a lunch special of a main meal, changing daily with a choice of approx 12 dishes including a drink for 5 euros. Very good value for money. We are not in the centre but on the Moraira calpe road. Ha ha, sounds like an advert for it doesn't it, sorry. But also oalong this road are numerous restaurants, depends where your villa is. If you need any more info please ask.

Enjoy your holiday, it's lovely and sunny now but quite chilly.

Gail

keighley
5. Re: Moraira

Thank you Gail

We will definately be in to see you

Mark

Calpe
6. Re: Moraira

We were in on saturday lunch Gail but didn't see you...I thought you'd be helpful with this post.

Annie

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
7. Re: Moraira

Hi Annie,

Oly got back Saturday from UK, was lucky, if the flight had been later wouldn't have got here because of the snow.

Hope your ok.

Gail.x

Calpe
8. Re: Moraira

Fine thanks...your place was very busy saturday. We'll be back again soon.

Annie

lincs
reviews: 6
9. Re: Moraira

hi we are coming out on may 13th to a villa in cumbre del sol.

Are we near your fish n chip shop?

Also whats the weather like please?

many thanks.

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
10. Re: Moraira

Hi,

Depends how far up Combre you are, do you know??

We are probably about 15 minute drive, but well worth it, haha.

Weather has been really nice although a bit cool in the shade, and we have had quite a bit if wind the last couple of weeks. Should be ok then though.

Say hello, if you make it to the chippy.

Gail

Get answers to your questions about Moraira