We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

London
reviews: 13
Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

Dear All

Does anyone have a recommended tour company that they have use for tour&trekking to Everest Base Camp (north side)? I have read some not so nice reviews of a few companies and would love a good recommendation.

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
1. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

toursofitbet, tibet-tours-travel etc. It is better to choose reliable Tibet-based travel company to organize the tour. I think the trekking tour to Everest Base Camp could be very costy and it is not easy to trek at that high place. Good luck!

london
reviews: 4
2. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

Hi,

Sorry to invade your post.

I am also looking into doing this for charity at the end of next year. There are so many companies that do it, I just don't know how to go about choosing? Any tips?

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 99
3. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

I recommend using Tibetan owned agencies that are based in Lhasa. A surprising number of agencies that arrange tours to Tibet are actually based in mainland China (far from Tibet). Travel responsibly by choosing to use Tibetan owned businesses. The following Tibetan owned and staffed travel agencies all have good reputations for arranging travel in Tibet:

Snow Lion Tours

Tibet Highland Tours

Mystic Tibet Tours

Tibetan Shaman Tours

Road to Tibet

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

I'm not sure how big is your group, but I have recently just returned from EBC and I used a local guide. I found Sanjib's contact through the helpful reviews via Tripadvisor and I am glad that I chose to book my trip with him. Sanjib is very experienced, which ensured that our plans went smoothly. When we were stranded in Kathmandu airport due to poor weather conditions, he sought the cooperation of another guide to charter another flight the following morning, just so that we were ensured a flight. During the trek, Sanjib shared his in-depth knowledge of the country's rich culture and history. Whilst Sanjib would not necessarily explain why us tourists should avoid certain food or drinks, I later realised that his wisdom comes from the years of experience - as I suffered terrible altitude sickness even from Namche! It is also thanks to Sanjib's observant self and quick action that saved the life of one of team members, a couple of hours late and it would have been fatal. Sanjib and his team of porters were also very patient and helpful - the porters that he has worked with for over 10 years - would return to join us after dropping off our backpacks at our destination. I am not the first, but I affirm that the reviews of the previous trekkers - he is awesome and that made a difference to this one lifetime experience! Check out www.nepaliguideinfo.com.

Edited: 4:12 am, May 04, 2013
5. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:34 am, May 08, 2013

Lhasa, China
6. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

i am a tibean guide and maybe i can help you tell the name of agency who can deal good business so if interested then how about leaving me a personal messages because in it nobody has the right of commercials right?

thanking you,

good luck

tenzin from tibet

Edited: 9:57 pm, May 16, 2013
Beijing
7. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

Hi Guys ,

Could I just add another alternative for your reference :

I am now working in Travel Stone , Beijing China . www.travel-stone.com

Travel-Stone is a travel agency devoted exclusively to provide a full range of travel services to expatriates living in China.

Travel-Stone's team is today composed of a mix of expatriates and Chinese agents working on the same goal: to offer the travels we'd like to book for ourselves.

We are specialized in China & Asia trips and work closely with our customers to understand their desires and needs, to get them the best deals.

Travel-Stone has also created a corporate department leveraging its knowledge of travel in China, to provide an all-in-one business service.

We craft your trip !

Brussels
reviews: 5
8. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

Hi there,

I can recommend you a good one, Tibet Explore (http://www.exploretibet.com/) they are 100% Tibetan - I just come back from Tibet and had a wonderful tour of 8 days with them. Very honest, 100 % trusty.

Cheers

Michel

Thaon-les-Vosges...
9. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

Also www.tibetanguide.com,which is good travel agency in Lhasa area.

Habarovsk
10. Re: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)

I have booked through Tibet China Trevel Service www.tibetanstravel.com it is Tibet local operator. My tour organized Tenzin, is Tibetan natiounality. He is an English and Mandarin speaking tour guide. He is very trustworthy and takes care of me when I had high latitude sickness.

You just tell him what you want and he will quote you, He is completely flexible with the intinerary. If anyone would like to join, please contact with him!

Reply to: Tour/Trekking Co. for Everest Base Camp (Tibet side)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tingri County