We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

Which Coron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halethorpe, Maryland
reviews: 3
Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

Hi all,

My fiance and I are taking a 3 1/2 week around the world trip for our honeymoon next August. We've booked a flight into Manila with the intent of staying for 3 nights in Coron area and doing some island tours. Thanks to some advice from kegler we're going to hold off on booking our island hopping until we're in Coron or a few days before. That will allow us to react to weather.

My question: Should I book our hotel now? We're leaning strongly towards Sophia's Garden Resort based on reviews on TripAdvisor. I did read some reviews that mentioned expansion of that property. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
1. Re: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

Next August?

Wait maybe 2 to 3 months before your trip because it is the wet season so you chance to getting a room will be high.

Halethorpe, Maryland
reviews: 3
2. Re: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

Thanks, mousehunt. I'm actually starting to question this part of the trip due to the chances of bad weather. I'm reading more and more posts indicating it is very rainy in August in the Coron area. How risky is it that a 4-day trip in August will be completely rained out?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
3. Re: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

If I can tell you the weather then I will be very rich!

This year weather cannot represent next year's weather. As you have mentioned, August is the wet season and it also depends is there any storm or typhoon approaching then.

Keep a look out of the weather sites when it is nearer to your travel date.

No one can predict the weather with 100% accuracy. So just cross your fingers.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
4. Re: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

I also travel around the Philippines in August not because I love heavy rains and floods but because the weather is also good as long as there is no typhoon/cyclone. Another good thing is that accommodations and airfare are cheaper than the peak season. I consider myself very unlucky if I experience rains in 2 days out of my 4 days of travel. For the wet season specially in tropical countries like the Philippines it is normal to have 1 or 2 hours of rain a day.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,118
5. Re: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait

Although there can be no certainty, in general the central Visayan islands, Mindanao in the southern Philippines and Palawan experience fewer typhoons than Metro Manila and northern Luzon.

I have been in the last couple of years to either Visayas or Mindanao in July or September and enjoyed terrific weather (sunny, hot of course with little rain).

Reply to: Book Hotel for Aug 2014 Now or Wait
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted