We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Which Coron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Hi all

We (a couple) are arriving on 16th on Busuanga airport and going back to Manila on 26th December this year.

I booked 4N/5D (22nd Dec - 26th Dec) to stay on Mangenguey Island - it was done in a hurry and realised that it's not refundable! I am worried that staying on this island for 5 days may be too boring especially during Christmas. We like diving, snorkelling, fishing, etc. but other than snorkelling/kayaking, it seems they charge a fortune for anything.

Supposing that we stay on this island as planned, we are not sure of what would be the best plan for the remaining 7 days.

We definitely want to do: about 6 dives (not very interested in wreck diving though - more interested in big fish....), sea fishing, a bit of town experience (e.g. street markets, local restaurants, bars).

We plan to stay in one of the resorts or somewhere in town in Coron for 3N/4D, go to El Nido by ferry to stay for 2 nights for more diving, and then come back to Coron by ferry to go to Mangenguey.

Q1. We want a relaxing holiday but with plenty of water activities (diving, fishing, snorkelling etc.). Is the above plan ok for this purpose?

Q2. Any good mid-range accommodation for divers in Coron (for big fish etc. rather than wrecks)?

Any opinion would be highly appreciated!!

PG.

clare,ireland
1. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

hi -maybe this thread will be of help or see other coron forums for more info tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g729733-i12570-k57…

alkhobar
reviews: 8
2. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Have you booked your Manila-Busuanga? If not, consider this itinerary: Manila-PuertoPrinsesa-Elnido-ferry to Busuanga. Then use your stay in Menguenguey as a base for other activities.

3. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:48 pm, October 25, 2012
London, United...
4. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Unfortunately the flight from Manila to Busuanga (return) is booked. -_-

Unless we give up 1 way flight or the stay on Mangenguey, the best option seems staying in Coron for a few nights (long enough for a PADI open water diver course for my hubby), going to El Nido by ferry, staying at El Nido for a few nights and then coming back to Coron from El Nido by ferry...

Long ferry-ride twice is putting us off though as it looks like the 4 hour fast ferry don't operate any longer. We are more interested in abundant marine life than wrecks for diving/snorkelling. Coron or El Nido? Where should be stay to make our travel hassle-free and interesting? The more I look, the more confused I get - too much & some conflicting info!

Many many thanks for your comments : )

London, United...
5. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Hi Clare

We actually live in London. We are flying to Seoul from London for wedding and then to Manila from Seoul, from Manila to Busuanga for honeymoon. Too much flying!

PB

alkhobar
reviews: 8
6. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

Take note that the travel between Coron & Elnido takes 8hrs on a good day. Add to it the 4 days taking the PADi course, you barely have a day in Elnido.

I suggest that you have a look at the general picture of your trip before you embark on details. From here, I see that you have many boat rides as well.

Boracay, Philippines
reviews: 46
7. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

From what I've learnt, from various friends, Coron is the place to go for Diving, although El Nido is supposed to be good too .. everyone raves about Coron's spots. Do a Google Search for Coron Tours and you'll find plenty of places offering tours that you can take whilst your hubbie does the PADI course. Busuanga Airport is about 20-30 minutes from Coron Town.

Coron to El Nido is a trek and as edwinic says above if you intend to do the Padi it will mean that you will be lucky to get a day in El Nido, if you want to visit there. Travelling around Palawan is tiring and time-consuming and you're already doing a bit of a trek to get there .. reduce the stress pick either Coron or El Nido but don't try to split your time to either

8. Re: Need help with my itinerary in Palawan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 28, 2013