We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to leave car while on Porquerolles

Which Porquerolles Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ny, NY
reviews: 3
Where to leave car while on Porquerolles

Hi! I plan to spend one night on Porquerolles and waas wondering where to leave my car during this time? I am driving from marsielle and was planning on taking the ferry from the port closest to Heyeres. What do you think?

Another option could be to not pick up the car in Marsielle, public transit to Porquerolles and then pick up the car once back from Porquerolles in Heyeres.

Which do you think is best?

3 replies to this topic
Provence Alpes Cote...
Destination Expert
for Saint-Tropez, Frejus, Saint-Raphael
reviews: 5
1. Re: Where to leave car while on Porquerolles

Hi,

There's a large open car parking at the Tour Fondue port which is the main departure point for ferries to Porquerolles (situated on the Giens Peninsula off of Hyères).

During the summer, many other ports along the Var coastline also offer ferry access to Porquerolles, including Toulon (closer to Marseille), La Londes les Maures, and others. All have a parking lot.

If you have the time, I would recommend you drive to Hyères, visit the town and the Giens Peninsula (if you enjoy hiking - there's a great hike on the western side of the peninsula). Then next day, take the morning ferry from Giens/Tour Fondue.

PS. You'll be tempted to rent bikes on Porquerolles as so many folks there have them. My experience is that the bikes are heavy, hard to move on some of the sandy paths and they end up sitting by the beach waiting for you. Best to walk around, even if it takes more time.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 193
2. Re: Where to leave car while on Porquerolles

On the question of bikes if you want to see as much of the island as possible during one or two days then certainly worth renting and there are plenty of rental places but all seem to offer same daily rate of Euro 15 . some also have the electric assisted ebikes for 30 and these will certainly help with touring because you have different beaches as well as cliff views to visit.

If you stay at one of the hotels you get a small discount on the normal bikes. There are 2 beaches situated at the western end of the island at Langoustier and to visit these as well as the popular Notre Dame beach which is on the eastern side would be very difficult in the course of a short visit without a bike.

UK
Destination Expert
for Provence
reviews: 77
3. Re: Where to leave car while on Porquerolles

If you will have a car I would definitely drive to Tour Fondue. Otherwise you will have to take either the not very frequent train to Hyeres and then bus 67 - also not very frequent - to Tour Fondue. Or train to toulon, then bus to Hyeres then another bus to Tour Fondue. Connections tend not to be very good so you'd spend a lot of time waiting around.

Reply to: Where to leave car while on Porquerolles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porquerolles Island