We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xandari by the Pacific sold

Which Esterillos Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 24
Xandari by the Pacific sold

I had trouble finding the website for Xandari by the Pacific and I found out that they had been sold (Xandari in the Central Valley is still there). It was bought by RockResorts and will become Alma del Pacifico and it looks like it's going to become a much bigger resort.

Here's the company press release:

http://news.rockresorts.com/rockresorts/news/rockresorts+adds+luxury+costa+rican+hotel.htm

11 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

Thank you good to know...

roadadvsior

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

Existing reservations will be honored for the tourist season (like mine). Which is good since they already charged me. Sounds like the area is going to have more extensive facilities.

London
reviews: 5
3. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

I guess this means it will be closed in Spring/Summer for renovations. I have requested availability but not heard anything, so maybe that's why. Wouldn't want building work anyway, if they do remain open.

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

I'm pretty sure they'll be closed at that time. Since they're planning to add a golf course, I'm sure it's going to be a significant renovation.

Fredericksburg...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

Sounds like we may have the place to ourselves. we have reservations first week of feb.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

Hello,

I'm hoping to find someone that has stayed at Xandari by the Pacific in the last month to get their impressions on how the resort is doing now that they are under new management. I'm supposed to be getting married there at the beginning of May, and my finance and I are concerned that the level of service may not be up to standards while they are in the midst of this transition. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Bethesda, MD
7. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

We just stayed there for four nights last week (end of Jan) and here's my best guess of what's happening: There is a whole other area down the highway that is being developed which may well include conference facilities, etc. The Rock group would be fools to mess with the gorgeous smaller Xandari resort itself -- it's design is unique and no "updating" necessary (except perhaps adding wifi).

I'd check with the new owners to see what's up, but the resort itself would be a simply stunning backdrop for a wedding!

See our hotel recommendation for more comments about the hotel.

Edited: 10:39 pm, February 01, 2011
reviews: 52
8. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

The purchase of Xandari Pacific by Rock Resorts saddens me. The new owner(s)? own considerable property adjacent to Xandari, including an atrocious condominium/shopping center very close by. I fear that predicts poor design for the planned renovation of Xandari.

Maybe what is envisioned is a resort to compete with the Marriott down the road, a complete transformation of the Xandari concept.

Carol L

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 33
9. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

I agree, it's sad they sold as the new owners and their plans hold no appeal to me. I'm sure the big resort experience may be what some people look for in a vacation but this place is definitely off my list hearing about what they want to do with it.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
10. Re: Xandari by the Pacific sold

We were there about a month ago. The Xandari right now is the same as it was before, same staff, same ambiente. I haven't seen any evidence that they are going to mess with that.

Reply to: Xandari by the Pacific sold
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Esterillos Este
More Esterillos Este Topics