We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

Melbourne, Australia
Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

Hi,

I am planning to visit some place for 2-3 days at early April (next month) with my wife. Can anyone please suggest whether it would be a right time to visit Wilson's promontory? We wont prefer a chilly weather. Around 20 would be the right temp for us. So, we are considering other options in Victoria (Drive distance from Melbourne) as well. Can you please suggest?

Thanks in Advance.

MH

5 replies to this topic
South Gippsland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

The weather in Wilsons Prom varies greatly in Autumn (as it does everywhere along the Victorian coastline at this time of year). Average early April weather would be high teens to low twenties. I would suggest avoiding The school holidays and Easter though as Wilsons Prom will be VERY busy. You will certainly enjoy it more when there are less people there.

A lot of area information and comprehensive list of things to do in the area can be found here

promhillscabins.com.au/index.php/things-to-do

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 41
2. Re: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

Adding to the above post, Victorian school holidays are from April 5th - 21st (Easter Monday) See: publicholidaysaustralia.com.au/school_holida…

For other regions around Victoria, including distances and drive times, see: Visit Victoria: http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

Thanks a lot for your kind information.

After considering all these, I am planning to visit to Bright, early April (may be before 5th). What is your suggestion about that. I would prefer a cheap accommodation for two of us. Can you please advise?

South Coast, St...
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
4. Re: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

That's up in the mountains so I'm wondering won't it be even cooler?

So you're after a short trip, presumably to enjoy nature and scenery, not too cold, and cheap, yeah?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 41
5. Re: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?

Have you considered Dalyesford, Bendigo or Ballarat?

Edited: 1:49 am, March 25, 2014
Reply to: Good time to visit Wilsons Prom in April? Other Option?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted