We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

an advice please

Which Almora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
an advice please

I want to go to Almora along with my spouse. Can anybody suggesr me the route by train. I want to see the nearby places . Can i finish it in a week comfotably. Also please suggest me the cost of the trip approximately with stay in budget hotels as well as luxury hotel.

shivas_babu9@yahoo.com

Holland
reviews: 2
1. Re: an advice please

The nearest Railhead Is Kathkodam are you travelling from Hyderabad if So I think travel via Delhi is probably best as this route offer some high speed train between Hyderabad and Delhi..

Here's a link to trains between Hyderabad and Delhi and I note there is even a Duranto express between the two....

http://erail.in?T=HYB::DLI:

Delhi - Katkodam

5013 RANIKHET EXP dep DLI 22.40 arr KGM 05.20 travel time 06.40hrs

One week in Almora is plenty time to take in the town and surrounds, Binsar and Jageshwar are well worth a visit and above Almora on the ridge between Pappaersalli and Kaser Devi there are also good views of Nanda Devi/Trishul to be had, there is also a choice of Hotels to be had on this ridge though you're a few kilometers out of town so it may not suit. Another place well worth staying and offers wonderful panoramas is kausani, plenty hotels and restaurants and a real feeling of being in the Himalaya which you don't really get in places like Nainital/Almora

Edited: 2:02 am, October 20, 2010
Hyderabad, India
2. Re: an advice please

thank u very much..The approximate expenditure will b how much please? This has not been replied . will u pls. send necessary information sir.

Hyderabad, India
3. Re: an advice please

will u pls. give me the approximate expenditure for a week stay in Almora for 2 adults. with budget accommodation.

Hyderabad, India
4. Re: an advice please

thank u very much..The approximate expenditure will b how much please? This has not been replied . will u pls. send necessary information sir.

uk
reviews: 1
5. Re: an advice please

From Delhi you want to take the kathergodown express to Kathergoddam. From there a taxi to http://www.KasarDevi.com You can find a taxi from there, for Almora. You can get a kitchen and nice room there for less than $30 per night, which is great if you are having Indian stomach problems.

Edited: 12:25 am, October 22, 2010
6. Re: an advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2011