We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

Which Koutouloufari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 3
Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

Hi we're stopping at Koutouloufari in July my husband has his advance open water but normally only dives once a year on holiday. I'm now their are plenty of Dive schools on Crete but are there any good places to dive near where we are stopping. We went to Egypt a coupe of years ago and I think that spoilt him a bit. He's not bothered about going deep but likes lots to see

england
1. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

Sorry posted before I ment to. Any info would be great if there's not much to see I'll leave snorkels and fins behind more room in the case for my clothes then.Thanks

Edited: 5:45 pm, April 24, 2013
england
2. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

We've just had masks and fins down and looks like we need new. It's a lot of weight to carry if Divings/snorkeling is not worth doing. If anyone's done diving in the area it would be great to hear from you. Me I'm more of a pool person Thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
3. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

There is a diving school based in the grounds of Nana Beach hotel, on the outskirts/border between Hersonnisos and Stalis.

http://scubakreta.gr/

I always just go snorkelling, so I don't know what there is further out, but there's not much in the way of colourful fish etc.

I presume they will supply all equipment necessary for a dive, so it may be best to just take mask and snorkel so you can potter about a bit - your call naturally.

I'm afraid I always leave my fins in the loft - too heavy!

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
4. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

Most beach shops will sell perfectly adequate masks and fins for a few Euros, buy them if you need them, and if you don't want to take up the space to bring them home, leave them with the accommodation owners who will then lend them to other visitors.

england
5. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

If there's a local dive school there must be places near by to dive I'll have a look at the web site. My Husbands a bit fussy where his mask etc is concerned. When we've bought them on holidays before he says they leak and aren't any near as good as his dive one. He doesn't like the sun and only gets to snorkel and dive on holiday so I have to give in and cart the things if there's any chance hell be able to use them. We even take his fins and the size of him 6 ft 10" they take up some weight. Due to his size we often struggle hiring them when Diving so have to be prepared. From the feed back sounds like he can do both Dive and Snorkel so that will keep him happy. Thanks for the info I will make sure I take extra spends to cover the Scuba diving.

6. Re: Scuba Diving near Koutouloufari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Koutouloufari