We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sami and the pericles hotel

Which Sami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pembroke Dock...
sami and the pericles hotel

hi there this is the first time on trip advisor so please bear with me.

we are going to sami kefallonia for the first time in september and staying at the pericles hotel and would be very gratefull for any hints tips dos and donts on the hotel ,sami, and kefallonia,

thanks in advance k&m

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

Hi there

I can't think of any "don'ts" for anywhere on the island. Sami is at the eastern end of the main cross-island road that links it to Argostoli. It's a bit of a twisty ride, essentially 12 kms up , and then 12 kms back down but it's an enjoyable drive and the road is safe enough if you take your time.

Plenty to do and see on the island..

Melissani lake

Drogerati caves

Monastery of Agios Gerasimos

The Robola winery

Agios Georgios castle

Assos

Myrtos beach

Antisamos beach

Mount Ainos, etc, etc

Argostoli itself has lovely fruit and veg markets down by the harbour as well as some interesting civic buildings and some lovely churches, museums, and the cathedral. Of course, most of this was rebuilt after the 1953 quake so it's not "old" as such. Close to Argostoli, you have the area known as "Katavothres" where you'll find the old Doric lighthouse of Agios Theodorus and the old waterwheel.

Head for Fiskardo in the far north where you'll find most of the only pre-1953 buildings on the island.

The Lixouri peninsula is well worth exploring if only to watch the sunset from Petani beach on the west coast.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 35
2. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

If you have not already done so then suggest you type -'Pericles Hotel, Sami' into the SEARCH box at the top right of this page- this will bring up previous reviews and topics re the hotel and Sami and you can have a look at previous replies.

Pembroke Dock...
3. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

thanks for that. k&m

Pembroke Dock...
4. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

thanks for that enough to keep us busy thanks k&M

south west
reviews: 3
5. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

Hi there sunonmybum (good name)

We always stay at the pericles, cant remember how many times now, but more than six occasions. so please ask any questions, shortly going again

Pembroke Dock...
6. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

thanks kazd 12

but six plus times at the same hotel says it all.

k&m sunonmybum

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 32
7. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

Us too, looking forward to it. At Pericles in Sept for 2 weeks. One thing I know from my many trips to Greece is take plenty of bug repellent - only use the stuff with >50% DEET in it as the other stuff doesn't work. Also get a plug-in repellent for the room as well. Take your driving licence as hiring a car will allow you to see more of the island.

Manchester,
reviews: 72
8. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

Sami isn't everyone's "cup of tea" but we love it as real people live there and it is a working port/town not just a resort. Also the scenery is fantastic looking out towards Ithaca. We have stayed at the Pericles once (a few years ago), really enjoyed it and would stay there again.

In addition to the above suggestions, Antisamos beach is lovely (pebbly) but the sea is clear and fantastic. We went once in August and just had to turn the car round it was so busy but last time we went it was October and we practically had the beach to ourselves. Have a look at the ruins of Ancient Same on the way back from the beach (signposted).

If you decide to get a car have a look at Mounda and adjoining Kaminia bay this has been one of our fave beaches on the island, sandy and shallow. We found Myrtos beach not worth the trip (except for the view from the road above) very choppy with an undercurrent. Have a great holiday!

Pembroke Dock...
9. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

hi deersirhc thanks for that next stop boots see you there

k&m (sun on my bum)

Pembroke Dock...
10. Re: sami and the pericles hotel

hi rach64 thanks for the info espicely about myrtos beach we like to float around with a snorkel but are not strong swimers.

k&m (sun on my bum)