We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

Which Kumarakom hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 50
Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

We will be travelling back to the airport in the afternoon early November. I will have my 80 year old mother and 16 year old son. Which is the best route?

We have option to take hotel speedboat to Muhamma jetty (would appeal to my son and possibly Granny if its not too bouncy a ride) and then fast road to airport, or take other road up right side of lake all the way.

Which is best, fastest, or most scenic please.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
1. Re: Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

if you have an option for a speed boat transfer to Muhamma jetty , i would suggest you to take that , not a bouncy ride , by keeping a minimum speed

ask your cab to come to Muhamma jetty and continue the journey to airport from there

it would be approx 2 hours from there

Manchester
2. Re: Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

Thank you we'll do that, and it's great to see a proper estimated journey time.

It's very hard to get driving times for journeys as everywhere I look quotes a different time. I've seen everything from 1.5 to 3 hours quoted on different adverts for the same hotel.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
3. Re: Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

pleasure to hear that !

the travel to airport could well go beyond 2 hours at times, esp : during evening peak traffic times

the speed boat would take 15 minutes to cross the lake , on a normal speed ( i hope that is complimentary ?! with the room )

have a memorable holiday

Manchester
4. Re: Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

Yes, thankfully the speed boat is complementary.

I hadn't though of rush hour at all, how stupid of me. When is the worst time to travel then afternoon/evening time? We were thinking of travelling at 3:30 -4ish from the jetty.

5. Re: Kumarakom to Airport- which route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 04, 2013