We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

I have booked o take my 8 yr old and 4 yr old to Levi for a week in Dec 13. But I am now worried it might be too cold for a 4 yr old and might put him at risk . Am I being daft? We have thermal suits and boots hired with inghams but having never done anything like this before I am a little worried and would appreciate any advice. Many thanks!

Rovaniemi, Finland
1. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

"Am I being daft?"

Yep... :) As long you are warmly clothed cold won't harm your kids. It's suggested cold weather is actually good for you!

It's a custom in Scandinavian countries, that babies take naps outside even during winter months. There's no special genes in our system, that protects us from the cold, it's just that we know it won't do you any harm - on the contrary.

You might find this article interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21537988

Ok, heavy exercise and temperatures around -20C and below won't do any good for your pipes, but that you don't have to consider. It's more for the athletes who train and compete outside.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 46
2. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

Hmm, there are actually people living year around in Lapland (and in far colder climated as well).

Actually a 4 year kid will most probably cope with the cold far better than you. Kids at that age usually keep themselves busy and warm.

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 48
3. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

Took my granddaughter in Dec last year when she was 21months old. She loved playing in the snow and was snug as a bug with her layers of clothing on.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
reviews: 6
4. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

I recommend you to use the search box in the Lapland forum. That's the box above the forum topic. Search words clothing children found heaps of former useful threads. The rules haven't changed.

+ read http://lapland.fruitbandit.com/

Local children play for hours outside even below -15 degrees, no one would be able to stay outside otherwise.

Cumbria
reviews: 28
5. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

Took my 10 month old in January this year I was so worried about the cold but he was fine and never cold and quite happily wrapped up in loads of layers in his pram x

6. Re: Will it be too cold for a 4 yr old in Levi in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi