We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Levi

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunstable, United...
reviews: 2
Levi

I have finally decided on Levi for my family 2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 and 5. I have read that levi is quite expensive, any recommendations on whether I should opt for self catering or half board and also shall I book excursions before hand or when I arrive...what are the best excursions for small children??

Sorry for all the questions!!

Arsy, France
reviews: 66
1. Re: Levi

are you going with inghams?

if you are, they do a great snowmobile trip where the kids sit in a heated pod and you go to the reindeer and husky farm - but before you book, make sure they are using the heated pod as we have done the same trip in yllas as the kids were in an open sleigh and they did not enjoy it as they were too cold

the huskies are fast and great fun, the reindeers are slow and magical - also there is a kids land in levi where you can sledge etc

I would wait until you are there to book your trips, we have been new year and not had any probs getting the trips when we were there

are you planning to ski - it would be great for your kids to learn, they are at a good age

levi is not more expensive than anywhere else in finland, if you are watching the pennies then go self catering and take food out with you, we have always done it on a budget and made our meals before hand (chili, curry, bolognaise etc) and frozen them and taken them in the hold luggage, it has saved us a lot of money

the supermarkets are well stocked so you should also be able to get everything you need, buy food that you can make packed lunches for and also remember to take drinks etc out with you as buying drinks when on the trips all add up

Dunstable, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Levi

Hello,

Yes we are going with Inghams. The heated pod sounds great! Thanks so much for all your suggestions. we are def going to get the kids to learn to ski, im sure they will love it! Thankyou x

Arsy, France
reviews: 66
3. Re: Levi

get the learn to ski package with inghams, its great value and I would suggest you book your trips with them too, but you dont need to do that now, you can do it there as they will have a welcome meeting where you can book up - if you want to get an idea of the prices do a sudo booking on their website until you get to the extras page where you can add skiing and trips etc, you will then see what they are charging

I would suggest you go for the week long learn to ski or snowboard if you can, we did it and I think you need to have the week long course, you will need to make your minds up if its skiing or snowboarding that they learn, my kids now ski really well but they want to snowboard as its cooler (and the boots are so much more comfortable)

have fun planning

4. Re: Levi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi