We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Hi,

I have finally decided to book a trip through Inghams as they are cheaper.

My new dilemma is a 4 day Santa trip or a 7 day Trip with a Santa trip booked.

I am heading towards the 7 day trip in Levi. However, we are not skiers and so I would appreciate advice on whether there is enough there to occupy a 8yr old and a 4 yr old for a week?

We thought we would book a mini reindeer safari, a mini husky ride safari and a snowmobile safari through Inghams (for easy of booking and prices are competitive). However, any advice on whether to book the Santas secret hideaway versus another Santa trip would be appreciated too? Some Santa visits are over 500Euros for a family of 4 which seems soooo expensive compared to the Inghams for £125. We want a visit to a wood, magical log cabin with a Santa visit.

So Levi- 7 nights too much? And which Santa?

Help!

Many many thanks,

Tania

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 55
1. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Levi week ski trip. Loads to do like playing in the kids land at the far side of the slopes. Spread your trips out and a week is just right so your not trying to cram everything in. Kids will love it. Levi tunturi hotel has a big spa and pools which you can pay to use too plus bowling and a great games room. Christmas market may be on depending when you go santa trip with inghams was great as was the Christmas party which was free on our trip last year with them. Its an amazing place and we loved levi.

2. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Many thanks for being quick! Was it the inghams secret Santa hideaway trip you did- coach/woods/log cabin and was it the same Santa that appeared on your last night for the meal? My daughter is 8 and would notice if not.

Did you do the mini husky and mini reindeer by any chance? Thx again!

3. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Many thanks for being quick! Was it the inghams secret Santa hideaway trip you did- coach/woods/log cabin and was it the same Santa that appeared on your last night for the meal? My daughter is 8 and would notice if not.

Did you do the mini husky and mini reindeer by any chance? Thx again!

Moraira, Spain
4. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Yes it was the secret santa trip. It was a lovely trip about 15 mins on the coach then the elves meet you and take you down a path lit with candles. You get a private meeting with a lovely santa and then other things to do as well. Even my teenage kids loved it as well as my granddaughter. You can write a letter for santa and give it to him too. Inghams trips were well organised and we found them all value for money. Did their husky trip and snowmobiles too. Didnt do the reindeer but those that did loved it.and yes it was the same santa on the trip and the meal.

Edited: 7:58 am, August 15, 2013
5. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Thankyou so much. I really appreciate your advice and am definitely going to book the Santa trip now.

X

6. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

One last question (sorry)- have you any hints for me when I book a log cabin with Inghams in Levi- should I request to be central or further afield bearing in mind I have a 4 and 8 year old or is it a case of you get whatever they have? Thanks,

Tania

Northampton
reviews: 9
7. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

Go for the week, there's loads to do and see and you'll regret not having longer there. its a long while for it to come round again the following year.

Moraira, Spain
8. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

We stayed at the levi tunturi hotel but my family had a log cabin for 8 of them. The log cabins are about ten mins walk from the shops, ski slopes and supermarkets. They were allocated one on arrival but don't know if you can request a "near" one when you book. The half board option was for them to eat at the hotel with us, which they did and it worked out fine.

9. Re: Which Santa trip? Inghams versus booking own? Week too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Levi