We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Hello, is there anybody out there who can help me please....my fiance, myself & young son are looking to go get married at Lapland this year, around christmas time! The trouble is we don't know where to begin, i have read so many reviews now that i starting to feel bamboozled by the whole thing. We're thinking of Levi as a location but i'm confused what venues are available for the ceremony to take place! Obviously there is only the 3 of us, so we're looking for something amazing & special but quiet. We would like to stay for 3/4/5 day trip & enjoy the experiences/adventure that Lapland has to offer obviously my son would love to meet Santa/go on a husky ride/reindeer rides etc:....once in a life time expericence! In terms of budget - the cheaper the better! Should we book through a travel company for both the wedding & holiday? Any advice on any of the above matters, would be very much appreciated! :) Thank you. xx

38 replies to this topic
Leeds, England...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Hi,

We are getting married at the Ice Chapel in Luvatumma, Levi next month.

I too felt very bamboozled to begin with, but eventually stumbled across a thread on here that made everything fall into place!

We decided not use a Wedding package from a travel company because we found that they didn't have the elements of a wedding we wanted or had elements we really didn't need! We have used an independent wedding planner which is sunandsnowweddings.com who are highly spoken about on this forum. We have chosen the Ice Chapel for our venue, but we did have an option of a wooden chapel as well. Both looked absolutely amazing!

As we wanted to go for a full week as it will be our honeymoon as well we have booked the holiday separately through Inghams.

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 35
2. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Anyone that gets married at luvattamma you will have the best wedding ever. It was amazing! And Rue from sun snd snow weddings is a lovely lady. She took careof us and wwe were so glad we found her. Congrats to all brides you will have a brilliant wedding there. We are on honeymoon in new orleans for mardi gras and having a blast!

Liverpool, United...
3. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Ah thank you so much for your comments, it is very confusing knowing what to do for the best. We all just want things to be right & to get the best deal all round. I'll have a look on the website that you have suggested later on.....looks like another long night ahead browsing the internet! Wishing you lots of luck on your big day too - the ice chapel sounds amazing, if your happy to post some pictures on your return back to the UK, I'd love to see some. Thank you, once again! :)

Leeds, England...
reviews: 34
4. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Thanks Dianne, I will certainly be posting pictures when we get back - I absolutely cannot wait.

Hope you manage to get the Wedding of your dreams organised too, I too had many a long night searching the internet!

xx

5. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, February 15, 2013

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 11
6. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Try Luvattumaa. Simply breathtakingly beautiful. Totally enchanting and VERY "personal" feel. Its s place that locals choose.

Was married there in December - totslly unforgettable.

Lady there called Satu Jussila speaks perfect English.

Lincoln, England...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Hi I have booked my wedding for January 2014.. For Levi in the ice chapel. I am just looking for anyone who has been and has some photos and can give me some advice on what happens on the day that would be great!

My email is fletton1990@hotmail.co.uk

Moraira, Spain
8. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Luvattumaa is simply stunning and very, very intimate and personal. The day is one you will never, ever forget but no words can describe how it actually feels.

The nearer to Christmas, the less daylight but there are a few short hours of twilight. It just adds to the magic.

Minus 19 on our day, but minus 5 in the chapel. Quite possible to wear "normal" wedding clothes but the bride will need a cloak, maybe a fur hat and can I suggest white UGG boots for her feet! Worked for my other half!

Got photographs galore - will send a few to your e-mail address. But the "feel" on the day is even better than that. Don't have ANY doubts - you have made an awesome choice.

Moraira, Spain
9. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

KFLET - pictures e mailed to you today.

cumbria
10. Re: Christmas Wedding in Lapland

Hi everyone,

I am also getting married in Lapland on 11.12.13. We have decided to get married in a snow chapel at Jeris lakeside and have booked to stay in a glass igloo on our wedding night!

We have booked it through lapland weddings and they have been great. in the package we have a photographer for 1 hour before the ceremony and an 1 hour during the ceremony then we get 20 pictures-i am panicking that this might not be enough or they might not be very good at it. Is there photographers that you recomend?

We could also do with some advice for where to have our wedding breakfast? we dont mind if it is in jeris or levi. There is 24 of us going and we are on quite a budget so the cheaper the better. We are also staying half board at the Crazy reindeer hotel so if you could recomend any of there restaurants that would help with keeping the cost down?

I would love to see your pictures if any of you are willing to share them.

Sammy

Reply to: Christmas Wedding in Lapland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Levi