We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stokesley...
reviews: 110
Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

I know that this is going to be an odd one, but I was wondering what the lighting is like in the hotels. Do they use daylight bulbs, I know that you only get a few hours of twilight at Christmas and was wondering if they had daylight bulbs to counteract the darkness ?

People say it can effect your mood if you are in a constant artificial light with normal bulbs but the daylight ones are supposed to more like natural daylight light if that is possible.... A stupid question, but just wondered how the locals cope with his ?

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
reviews: 36
1. Re: Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

We locals cope by slinging our hook to Thailand. Why mess about with light bulbs?

Stokesley...
reviews: 110
2. Re: Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

😀 Thanks John, put a smile on my face lol

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
reviews: 50
3. Re: Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

Odd indeed :D . The light bulbs are just normal. After all the real darkness is not THAT long. The polar night reached the northernmost point of Finland (Nuorgam) today and will spread towards south from there so that it reaches the Arctic Circle (Rovaniemi) on 21 Dec (Winter solstice), after which it starts to retreat back towards north and the sun rises in Nuorgam again in mid January.

However, the seasonal affective disorder is a problem for some, but the bright light lamps do help with that and dawning lamps can ease waking up in the morning.

4. Re: Lighting in hotels - ie Natural daylight bulbs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Levi