We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lapland Wedding

Which Levi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire
reviews: 2
Lapland Wedding

I have recently returned from Lapland where I married my husband at the snowdome. Unless you have actually been and done it, it is quite difficult to imagine how the wedding will go. Therefore I have posted this for anyone who wishes me to contact them with information. (what to wear, what the snowdome is like etc..) It was the best experience of our lives and would strongly recommend it to anyone thinking of taking this unusual route to married life!!!

slk23
1. Re: Lapland Wedding

wow i got married at the snowdome last year 30th dec 2008 we loved it , and loved lapland sooomuch in fact go again on the 24th of this month and cant wait !! we r from staffs too

Staffordshire
2. Re: Lapland Wedding

HI SLK thats amazing, small world isnt it, I would recommend the trip to anyone and certainly would recommend the wedding (altough it was minus 35 when we actually got married). Very jealous that you are going again so soon... think we will return for our anniversary one day!!! Have a fab time. Ly.x

norwich
3. Re: Lapland Wedding

Myself and partner are wanting to get married this december in lapland. Can i please ask who you went through to book the wedding. Is there any tips you can give us of the places to go,food ,what to wear. It does look amazing and i cant wait.

Edited: 3:34 pm, January 08, 2010
norwich
4. Re: Lapland Wedding

Myself and partner are waning to get married this december in lapland. Can i please ask who you went through to book the wedding. Is there any tips you can give us of the places to go,food ,what to wear. It does look amazing and i cant wait.

Staffordshire
5. Re: Lapland Wedding

Hi there Salbeam,

We booked with Cosmos/Monarch and I have to say that they were absolutely brilliant. I conducted all of my enquiries with a brilliant lady called Jo who was the wedding co-ordinator in England. All the enq's were done via email so it was really easy, I thought that it was going to be really daunting as I had never been on a cold holiday before (or got married for that matter) but it was dead easy to sort and I couldnt fault anything. If you decide that its definitely what you fancy doing then drop me your email or I'll give you mine and I can answer any q's you may have and would be happy to do so. Ly.x

slk23
6. Re: Lapland Wedding

yeah we also booked with cosmos/monarch and also dealt with jo. they were really helpful even when i was getting stressed and kept phoning asking loads of questions! they even arranged so me and my dad could travel in the reindeer drawn sleigh together. at no extra charge. we got married on the 30th dec , we did the 5 day new yr trip was good as we got to watch the fireworks on the slopes on new yrs eve. the only thing i would say is that if your guests want to stay sam place as you i would book all at the same time as we had a few problems with them double booking rooms (tho i think it was actually the fault of the k5) any questions you want to ask feel free and have photos i can email you.

we were lucky as it was actually 2 degrees the day we got married so i was fine in my dress thinkmi would of been very cold at -35 brrr did u wear a normal dress? day after our wedding it was -9 and blizzards but the coldest it went to whilst we were ther was -13 ! really cold at the moment over there im gonna freeze!

did you visit the lanino ssnow village when you were there ? thinking of visiting this time. that also looks a nice place to get married. www.snowvillage.fi

Staffordshire
7. Re: Lapland Wedding

SLK the lappish people said that when we were there it was the coldest 4 days they had had since the 90's. (appantly at that time it went down to -50) However, they did say that when we left it was going to get a bit warmer. It was actually minus 26 in Levi resort but is obviously a lot colder in the middle of the forest. As they were pouring champagne at the snow dome it was actually turning to ice. So we were actually having champagne slush puppies. We stayed at the K5 and I thought it was a lovely hotel and would definitely stay there if we return. I asked about my mom travelling in the sleigh with me but was told that it would be an extra £190-00 so you did well there. My guests wore there ski suits at my request as it was just too cold for them to try and wear anything else and then they got changed when we went back to the hotel. I wore a proper wedding dress with thermal trousers on underneath. I then wore the cape that they provided and had a fur muff. I was warm for the actual ceremony but as soon as it was over I froze. Jason wore a suit!!! I did visit Laino and have to say that I was glad that we chose the snowdome for the wedding. it is worth a look for a couple of hours but I definitely would not have wanted to stay there (no matter what they tell you there is NO WAY that you would be warm in there). x

slk23
8. Re: Lapland Wedding

lol ! champagne slush puppies! at least u will remember it! the sleigh i got told would cost more but because of prob with hotel bookings they sorted it for us ! ill try and put some piccys on my profile if i can

norwich
9. Re: Lapland Wedding

Thankyou so much for all your help this is something we are pretty serious about but is very scarey as we dont know what to expect we have been doing some enquiries through first choice. Did either of you go through a company like this or thomas cook or was it direct through cosmos?

I would love to see some pics SLK23 and i also wondered if you could tell me how much you paid and your guests for coming with you ( if you dont mind) in comparison with what i have already found. I am trying to keep the costs down as much as i can.

My email is sally.forder1@ntlworld.com

slk23
10. Re: Lapland Wedding

Cosmos is a company like first choice. My friend got married through first choice I think in rovanemi the snowy alter wedding I think! And they had a really good time I maybe able to send a couple of their photos too. I really enjoyed our snowdome wedding as it was very private and in the middle of a forest . Some weddings in other countries are not v private ( think snowvillage wouldn't be ) we paid for our wedding the photographer and our holiday. Guests all paid for their own holiday. I think the wedding was£1200 ish , we had a reindeer drawn sleigh for me n dad to arrive , my hubby had a snowmobile about an hours journey, included was button hole for groom and boquet for bride. Flowers for bridesmaids were another £80 each I think but I brought some gorgeous fur muffs for much less and they were much more effective. The photographer worked out quite expensive due to poor euro but we booked one as worried if wwas too cold guests cameras wouldn't work etc but actually our guests got good photos but like I say we didn't risk it! We had to pay about 120 for transport for guests . What is ur email address and I will email some piccys and find our reciept for photos

Get answers to your questions about Levi