We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heratherea island handhufushi resort

Which Addu Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
norwich
reviews: 1
heratherea island handhufushi resort

can some one give me some positive information of this resort as im going in june 09 for my honeymoon

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 3
11. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

The East side is the Atoll edge and therefore too rough for swimming but has great sunrises!

I suggest you choose the West side (sunset side) – they have done some sand pumping but made it ‘au natural’! beach is long narrow and natural – snorkelling excellent – and they have cleared some of the sea grass – but also – little fishes and turtles go in there – so they have left some as natural habitat environment.

Dining / lounging around in day time great as : 3 x swimming pools and 3 x bars next to each other.

Building structure is typically Maldivian resort style – all sandy floors etc. There are a couple of lakes on the island – have not idea what they doing with that.

The majority of the dive school staff are all 'Maldives' experienced professional divers and have an excellent range of unspoilt dive sites, definately worth doing a scuba course if you havent dived before.

The island is 4kms long so great for cycling. Excursions good as lots of opportunity for local islands and lifestyles, something you dont get to see on most Maldivian resort islands as well as seeing the historical island of Gan.

Hope this helps you Lindsay :-)

Wirral,England
reviews: 10
12. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

3 swimming pools and 3 bars!!! Horrors! My goodness now I know it's DEFINITELY not for us.

Wid

lincs
13. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

Personally I think this would feel like a 'resort' as opposed to a small intimate island in the indian ocean.Not something I would be looking for,so thanks for the info ,one to cross off the list for me too.

Suex

Wirral,England
reviews: 10
14. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

Sue

!!!

Wid

norwich
reviews: 1
15. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

again thanks fizzlicity.

lindsay

Liverpool GB.
reviews: 5
16. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

Someone forgot to mention --lots of concrete and Gan is an old militry/ airforce base, linked to local islands . It is also the furthest from Male--requiring an internal flight after a 12 hour journey from the UK..

Rumps

uk
reviews: 14
17. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

I don't think there is loads of concrete. Yes Gan was an old milatry base but that isn't the island. You catch an internal flight from Male to Gan then quick 15 min speedboat to Herathera. Bit like Male you wouldn't want to stay there but you just pass through.

18. Re: heratherea island handhufushi resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, October 11, 2009