We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

Which Kavos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

Daughter + 5 friends aged 18 planning trip to Kavos, will want a bit of nightlife, but not too wild .. mum wants safe, clean and pleasant place for them to stay. Looking at Konstantina apts - needs to be near beach. Any recommendations/tips please? Or alternative resorts to consider?

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 15
1. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

'Not too wild' might point you more at Sidari.

Steve

Reading, United...
2. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

Thanks, Sidari has popped into my radar, am finding it a nightmare navigating all the accommodation reviews - any tips?

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 15
3. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

I could help you in Roda, but I don't know the accommodations in Sidari, Alison - someone like moonpig will be more knowledgeable. If moonpig does not answer soon, then send a personal message.

Steve

Greek Islands
reviews: 19
4. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

If you are still thinking about Kavos,I would recommend Olive Grove Trees,it is very clean,very safe and very pleasant and close to the beach,which is the reason why I have stayed there for at least 12 times so far,and will be going back again next year.

Corfu, Kerkira...
5. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

For Kavos you could try the Morfeas Hotel, this has a reception, is family run, has a large pool, safety deposit boxes and is close to bars etc but just away from the 'main strip' but within walking distance. There are rooms on b/b and self catering as well. Being a larger hotel plenty of people around the hotel running it day/night.

For Sidari Mimosa Hotel is central across from beach and close to bars etc. Again it has a reception with safety deposit boxes 2 pools and is family run.

Both of these are on reviews on Trip Advisor and are well established long running hotels to suit or at least a base to start your search.

Weston super Mare...
reviews: 8
6. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

I would agree with the comments so far in general, although;

If it was my daughter I would book her accomodation on the strip. If you book them accomodation away from the strip they are likely to walk in the dark to and from it anyway. If you stay in the thick of it there is a lot of people around and I heard of very little trouble in my time out there. (Worked there last summer and will again this year).

If you have any more questions feel free to post them on this FB page as I see it more than this site, http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/tkds.rodneys.1?fref=ts

Kavos is great fun and from my experience the workers are all really helpful compared to other resorts I have been to on holiday. Hope this is helps some what :)

Tonbridge, United...
7. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

Have a look at Afrodite or the Corfu sea gardens. Recommend you have a look at travelling with escapades, they are part of Thomas cook, and are not as full on as club 18:30, 2wentys etc

Middle England
reviews: 59
8. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

At that age safety is mostly about education and knowledge rather than where they are. It's a great suggestion above to have somewhere that doesn't need them to walk on the road to get back.

They need to understand what makes a holiday unsafe, and almost everything is within their control. The risks are mostly alcohol, combined with traffic and hot sun. They must know not to sleep on the beach and risk lying in full sun as it moves around, they must know not to walk on roads with too much alcohol, not to swim in sea out of their depth after drinking, not to dive into swimming pools, not to fool around on a balcony, not to go out with more cash than they need for that trip, not to hire a moped.

it's a good idea if they get together and make a group agreement - for example no-one goes off without the others at night however appealing that boy seems to be, anyone going out alone in the day takes a mobile phone and leaves details of approximately when they will get back. It's a good idea to have a nominated non-drinker at all times.

They should have a great trip. One thing to remember is that opinions on accomodation reviews usually tell you more about the poster than the accomodation, stick to facts. A group trip like this is a great start to adult life, have fun, enjoy the planning and relax.

PS Mine are 18 and 16, both starting to reach out and enjoy trips with friends

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
9. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

You could also try Sellas Hotel in Sidari, it is situated right on the end of the Strip, towards the Canal D'Amour end. Only a short walk to the main strip area and the beach, but quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. Sidari is a safe place to stay and the people of Sidari are friendly and welcoming.

There are plenty of of lovely tavernas and bars close by.

Fi

10. Re: kavos teen holiday - nice/safe place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kavos