We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

average spending per day

Which Kavos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
average spending per day

Hi, I am travelling to kavos in September, we are on a self catering package and mainly are going to relax walk around town and enjoy the scenery, how much would you say the minimum cost on average or one can survive on who is a non alcoholic. lol?

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 22
1. Re: average spending per day

..... a non-alcoholic relaxing in Kavos! Now there's a bit of lateral thinking ....

Steve

Dorking
reviews: 7
2. Re: average spending per day

I found this slightly odd too, didnt imagine Kavos as a place to relax.

Never the less 'him indoors' was asking the very same question this morning. We are 3, self catering in Moraitika. Typical day would be a bit of brekkie in the apartment from bread / cheese / meats bought at a local supermarket. Beach incl sunbeds & brolly, a mid morning beer, light lunch and another beer, afternoon coffee & maybe a cake, back to base for wash and brush up, out for the evening which is would be just another beer or wine or two and a meal (nothing to lavish). We don't stay up late drinking/clubbing so would hope the evening bill wouldn't grow too much.

I'm thinking (hoping) that the tavernas / bars are all in competition with each other and therefore each one trying to be cheaper than the other thus resulting in a low cost evening :-)

We plan the odd day out, Corfu Town, boat trip etc....

So based on the above, how much cash do you reckon we need per day ? I'm guessing that the ATMs are all up and running, so plan to take a mixture of Sterling and Euros to get us going, with a small supply of traveller cheques for back up.

So please, Corfu Experts, how much do I need to budget for ??

Thanks All

Fig

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
3. Re: average spending per day

We allow 100 euros per day for two people..... Fi

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
4. Re: average spending per day

I agree, €100 per day per couple for most islands, more if you're out partying till the early hours every night, less if you eat in at night.

Burnley, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: average spending per day

We are two adults two children and spend about 1200 for two weeks ! that's having a kebab for lunch and a beer for lunch and then eating out every evening with a carafe of hse wine . so about 20 euros for lunch and then 40 - 50 euros for evening meal. We tend to have a few drinks on the balcony before we go out to save on spending loads on drink when we are out, it's scary when you work out how much money you spend on drinks alone in 2 wks.

Burnley, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: average spending per day

Having said that it all depends on how old you are and what you want from a holiday, 20yrs agoi would have spent all my money on ale and eaten bread and water for 2 wks !

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 51
7. Re: average spending per day

As an alcoholic for 2 wks-go for 100E per day,sometimes you save a bit if you can't drink on a particular night.We're just back from Zante & we spent 1000E (£800 ish) in 2 wks.Going to Kavos 17/09 for 2 wks & we'll take the same amount.If for any reason we need more,then I take a reserve in £'s-though hopefully that wont be touched.

8. Re: average spending per day

Hi am 18 years old and am going on holiday for the first time am a bit of a drinker can anyone tell me how much spending money should i take to kavos in july

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
9. Re: average spending per day

Hi Scottish94....and Welcome to the Corfu Forum....

Are you going self catering or all inclusive and is it one week or two for your holiday?....If self catering you will need to allow for food, but you can eat quite cheaply.

As mentioned in above posts, we allow 100 euros per day for two people, but that includes eating out in local tavernas as well.

Enjoy your time in Kavos

Fi

10. Re: average spending per day

Thanks for answering am going for 2 weeks and am going self catering am thinking about taken £800 and around £250 in the bank but as i said am a bit of a drinker and me and my friends want to do activtes too can you help me

Get answers to your questions about Kavos