We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Phuket to Ko yai yai

Which Ko Yao Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Transfer from Phuket to Ko yai yai

Hi,

We have booked a villa at Santhiya resort. There is two options on the transfer:

1. Direct booking from hotel: car transfer from airport - Ao Por Grand Marina (speedboat) - Santhiya private pier

2. Look for alternative transport: Taxi transfer from airport - Bang Rong pier (speedboat) - Klong hia pier (car/tuk-tuk) - Santhiya

Direct transfer by hotel is very convenient. However the ferry is restricted by the limited time slots, which is 1030, 1330 and 1700 daily. My flight will be arriving at 915am, which seems unlikely to catch the 1030 ferry. In this case, we can only catch the 1330 ferry. If so, We will be wasting nearly 3 hours and mostly likely skipping our lunch. On the other hand, the frequent Bang Rong ferries meets our time. Just no clue how to get a car/tuk tuk from the Klong hia pier to resort, and it could be some distance to reach the resort.

Therefore, could you please suggest the most suitable transfer for us? Thanks in advanced!

1 reply
HK
1. Re: Transfer from Phuket to Ko yai yai

There are sometimes drivers who have dropped off passengers hanging around and waiting for the next boat. The taxi could be a pickup with seats, so you`ll be sitting in the back.

If it seems deserted, there would be a lady with an ice box selling drinks at the top of the pier, she also seems to act as the taxi/longtail booking agent. Failing that, I remember a restaurant at the top of the pier.

It might seem taking a risk, but it's quite busy with the ferrys and longtails crossing to Noi.

If the Santhiya ferry is direct to their pier, it actually might be quicker. You still have pass immigration?, baggage, taxi hassle at Phuket Aiport, the drive to BangRong, maybe waiting for the next ferry, then the long drive down to the Hotel.

Price 1500 person, I wouldn't pay it, but cost of doing it yourself, 500 airport taxi, 200 ferry per passenger and maybe 4-600 for the taxi on Yao Yai.

Reply to: Transfer from Phuket to Ko yai yai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted