We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on accomodation please?

Which Ko Yao Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
reviews: 8
advice on accomodation please?

Really need some help please

We've booked to stay at Koh Yao Island Resort in May, but since booking i've been reading that the resort seems to be going down hill? Green Slimy Pool, Dirty Beach, Rude Staff & lots of noisy construction going on all hours of the day.

Also seems the the prices are dropping significantly too, price we were quoted for a beach bungalow is now available through Sawadee for about £30 less per night. We were quoted £1500 for our 2 week stay - which now seems VERY expensive if what i'm reading is true. (accom & breakfast, not including flights)

So I'm trying to decide if we should stay there or change to elsewhere. Also we've had a change in circs which means our budget is less now than it was.

We want a quiet beachfront location, bungalow accommodation, clean beach & calm sea.

When we started looking originally a few people also suggested Khao Lak as an option?

I have also looked at Baan Taranya Resort & it seems nice, but apparently the sea is dirty there?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, 2 adults & a 3 year old, staying for 14 nights, not wanting to pay any more than £1000. Flights to Phuket already booked.

Many thanks in advance

1. Re: advice on accomodation please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 11, 2014