We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
mosquitos

flying out to sidari end of july is there much of a mosquito problem, if so i will come prepared,thanks.

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 1
1. Re: mosquitos

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g676295-i12966-k454…

pages on the subject of these little blighters

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 59
2. Re: mosquitos

yes . take a suit of armor!!!!!! lol they are pests.... last july they seemed less bothersome though..... take every precaution available nevertheless....

Dover, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: mosquitos

Mosquitos are a real problem everywhere! We usually visit turunc in turkey (kassiopi this year) and I was always bothered by them and had infected bites that would often need medical attention however, the local authority now have a process that really works. They go around spraying the village twice a day from vehicles during early morning and evening to keep them down. It really works as in the last 3 years I have only had 1 or 2 bites maximum. Think the Greek authorities should do the same!

Melksham, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: mosquitos

massive prob in Sidari if u are staying anywhere near the river!! WE have a system. u can buy a plug in hat stays in all day then u have the ones u plug in at night..... spray the room before u leave at night and spray yourslef( will smell like S@@ but neva mind!!) last yr I only got bit twice.. yr before needed medical attention (got bit in the eye!!). Corfu is a lovely green island and will therefore attract the little blighters! where u staying?

Melksham, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: mosquitos

The Greeks cant afford it bless em but blinkin good idea!!

Wirral
reviews: 54
6. Re: mosquitos

Was in Sidari last September, the Mossies where horrendous!!

I was aware that they were a problem there, so took precautions. Believe me they home into me and within hours I would of been bitten to hell. But................before I went (2 months before) I started taking garlic tablets everyday. Wow, I had only 2 bites, the rest of the party who didn't have the tablets had a lot more, one chap in the hotel, lost count at 100!!! He was covered in them!!

Extra things to bear in mind to use are, wipes, wrist and ankle bands, both in Home and Bargain 79p - 99p, body sprays, plug ins. I also took my own RAID mosquito spray, as you are charged the earth out there for the likes of these.

I used them all, quite a task applying them all, but was well worth it!!

Birmingham
reviews: 4
7. Re: mosquitos

Buy anything with DEET in it, spray ankles of a night, or the wipes are good, and the plug ins put them in as soon as you get there, also buy a local mossy can spray from any supermarket on the strip and spray every room every night and shut all doors, it kills them, never got bit last 3 years doing this, well the occassional bite, maybe one, but thats it, go prepared and you should be ok!

Dover, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: mosquitos

Hi Jackie M, we are staying in kassiopi for the 1st time this june. Think I'll need to take all the great advice already posted to avoid getting bitten. Why is it my hubby doesn't suffer and I do? He's says my blood must be sweeter ha ha!

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 45
9. Re: mosquitos

Just thought I would throw this in

It is only the female mosquito that bites!

Bob

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
10. Re: mosquitos

thanks jackie m, we are staying at the sellas hotel, but dont tell the mossies!

Get answers to your questions about Sidari