We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel cards

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
reviews: 11
travel cards

Hi can i use travel money cards in Sidari example caxton and post office card thanks for any help Pete

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
1. Re: travel cards

Hi Pete

I don't use travel money cards - I find that taking Euros is best and then I top up using the ATMs in Sidari. Most businesses in Sidari prefer cash, although there are some which will accept credit cards, I have found it is not the norm....

Hopefully someone who has had experience of travel money cards will come on this thread

Fi

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: travel cards

Hi Pete

Have to agree with Fi. Some shops do accept credit cards but if their system goes down you won't be able to use them. This has happened to us before.

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: travel cards

Hi thanks im going to take Euros and my bank card as back up thanks for your help

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
4. Re: travel cards

Hi Pete....Just had a thought....remember to inform your bank that you might wish to withdraw money against your card, whilst abroad..

Fi

manchester,uk
reviews: 4
5. Re: travel cards

I took one last year and used it to withdraw cash on the strip admit i didnt try to use it to buy anything in shops

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
6. Re: travel cards

i dont think they are reliable tbh!!! much prefer to take euros dont believe in all these pre-paid cards, heaven forbid if the system fails and that is your only currency!!!! always have a back up stash just in case if you wish to use the pre-paid cards.. believe me people have become rather stuck before

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
7. Re: travel cards

also remember pete the mark up when using cards abroad - especially debit cards - they have fees up to 3% per transaction so remember if you do need to withdraw cash using one of these cards - withdraw as much as you are able so you are not being stung every time you go to withdraw cash.

South Wales
reviews: 9
8. Re: travel cards

Took a prepaid card for the first time to support cash and not pay credit card fees. Well impressed and taken anywhere as it has the Mastercard symbol. Read ts&cs and no probs. Top up any time the rate is good for future holiday funds. Recommend.

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: travel cards

Hi Caxton cards give best rate no charge when using to get money out of atms

Halifax
reviews: 15
10. Re: travel cards

I agree pre-paid cards are a good secure way to get your euros as you can just withdraw your money at the ATMS often free of charge - which debit cards are definitely not (with a few exceptions).

There are various ones available - check them out here: -

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/…prepaid

and more general information here: -

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Cheers,

Kev

Edited: 6:11 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sidari