We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sidari for us?

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincoln_lady
reviews: 11
Is Sidari for us?

Me and my boyfriend (both 25) are looking at coming over for the first 2 weeks in June. Does anyone know whether Sidari will be busy at that time of year and also whether it would be suitable for a young couple? We like nightlife but not on the scale of Kavos! Resorts we have been to before include Marmaris in Turkey and Protaras and Nissi Bay in Cyprus. Do you think Sidari is similar in terms of nightlife etc?

Also would the weather be ok the first 2 weeks in June? I know it could be a bit chilly on an evening but as long as the days are hot and sunny I don't mind! Any advice you can give would be really appreciated!

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 1
1. Re: Is Sidari for us?

www.youtube.com/watch…

Sidari would be great for you , June is a lovely month, not seering hot , but comfortable for sea, and pool swimming , walks in the lanes, great flowers in hedgerows ae this time , boat and coach trips , to all the surrounding places, and islands

great tavernas , and good food , and company , as lively , or as quiet as you wish not chilly at night in june, just fine ,

come and enjoy , but you will catch theSidari bug , we all did,,,,,no cure just have to return over and over again ,............

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
2. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hi Sunshine.....Totally agree with Moonpig! I think that you will enjoy what Sidari has to offer, there is plenty of night life if you want it, but the beauty of Sidari is that you can have the quiet life as well.

There are plenty of water sports on offer and Sidari has its own coach tour operators, so if you fancy a trip around the island or a trip to Corfu Town then it is on your doorstep.

So many lovely tavernas to choose from as well. Everyone who comes to Sidari finds their favourite taverna or bars and as Moonpig says we have a saying that once you have been, you catch the 'Sidari Bug' and you just have to return!!

Fi

Edited: 5:24 am, January 10, 2013
Lincoln, United...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hi Sunshine

Agree with both Moonpig and Fi.

We always go in June. Albeit on the 18th (wedding anniversary). It will have just opened up for the holiday season. There is plenty of night life and also lovely tavernas and quiet places should you wish. It all depends on where you are staying.

It won't be as busy as in the high season but just as good. Sidari is not Kavos, although some might not agree. I am a young 60 and hubby is 64. Having been going there for 15+ years now (not as long as some of our members) would definitely recommend and you WILL get the bug.

Please keep on posting for any more advice. We are all here to help and we have excellent Experts.

lincoln_lady
reviews: 11
4. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies! We are definitely seriously considering Sidari and its great to hear from people who go there and know all about the resort!

We are looking at the Socrates apartments by the Canal D'Amour if anyone can shed any light on them? They look nice and reviews are very positive. I'm particularly attracted by the sea views and proximity to beach! Basically I like to spend my days soaking up the sun by the pool or beach, perhaps take out a pedalo or book a boat trip and enjoy a few cocktails! We both love Greek food so nice restaurants are a must followed by some lively-ish bars. I guess my main concerns were whether the resort will be busy enough early-mid June with all the bars open and whether it will be hot enough to get lots of sunbathing in.

Thanks again for your help!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
5. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hi again Sunshine...

The Socrates is overlooking a cove bay with stunning views out towards Alabania. The beach is quite narrow at this end but very sandy and shallow; and you can swim out to the sandy rock which is in the bay. The main Sidari beach is only a 5-10 minute stroll from Socrates. Pedaloes are a very good way to see the coves around this part of Sidari. They have a lovely swimming pool which again overlooks the bay with sunbeds. There is also a grass area which overlooks the bay with sunbeds too.

Right by the swimming pool is the well favoured Rock Restaurant, with again, stunning views overlooking the sea and they have a Greek Night once a week.

The Socrates is in the Canal D'Amour area of Sidari which is a 10-15 minute stroll into the main part of Sidari, so you can have the lively entertainment then stroll back to the Socrates for a quiet sleep! There are some lovely tavernas in the Canal D'Amour area (this is the area I stay in when in Sidari). There is a little supermarket at the end of the Socrates lane where you can stock up on items (like Mythos and Ouzo!!) and the beauty of Sidari is that it is all flat walking.

I think you will like Socrates, the owners there are really friendly.

Fi

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
6. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hi Sunshine.....Just had a thought....if you are thinking of the Socrates, try and request a room which overlooks the sea at the front...

Fi

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Lovely apartments. Lovely location. You will love Sidar as there is something for all ages and all tastes.

Canal D'Amour is at the quiter end of the resort with stunning views and lovely little coves to sunbathe in. Just a short 5 min walk to the livelier Strip where you will find bars, tavernas, shops and plenty of entertainment.

Most of the apartment blocks let non residents use their pools if you buy drinks or snacks so you can have a change of scenery whenever you want.

Good day trips available at good prices but book with the travel shops when you get there for the best deal.

Birmingham
reviews: 50
8. Re: Is Sidari for us?

Hiya, I stopped at the Socrates in September in a studio apartment. As far as I am aware all the studios overlook the sea although the views are much better on the first floor than the ground floor so it would be good to request first floor. You'd also have more privacy on the balcony too on the first floor.

The pool is beautiful and clean and lots of sunbeds available. Just steps away from the beach. Also, gorgeous restaurant next door, Aquarius. There's a small shop at the bottom of the road, a minutes walk from Socrates and watch out for their cat, usually curled up in one of the boxes with price stickers stuck to it lol so cute.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
9. Re: Is Sidari for us?

All the posts above offer some sound advice. June is not relatively busy in resort but still plenty of peeps milling around and the bars and restaurants are all open. We have visited a few times in June round about 5th onwards and touch wood have been extremely lucky with the weather including one year where it turned out to be the hottest June in a long time!!! so plenty of sunbathing to be had in this month. The sea is usually warming up slightly!!! lol it doesnt warm up fully until late august september when it's usually like a warm bath!!! The socrates is in a heavenly location with amazing views and great sunsets in the evening too!!! I think you and your partner will have a great time if you choose this resort for your holiday. It appeals to all ages young and old alike and remember there are trips galore of you could hire a car and visit places off the beaten track and less touristy to get a real feel of Corfu.

Michelle x

10. Re: Is Sidari for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sidari