We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Me and my boyfriend are 19 and the summer just been we visited Sidari in Corfu, which was perfect for us. We obviously want to visit different places though and so this year are looking for a similar area in Greece or Spain. What we liked about it was that there were mainly young couples, or groups of friends (maybe looking for a little less crazy holiday than say Magaluf). The strip wasn't full of rowdy clubs like Kavos/Laganas but had some bars so you could make it as crazy or calm as you wanted it. We also liked that there was a bar crawl one night with the reps, has anyone been anywhere similar?

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
1. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

A lot of people rate Tsilivi as being similar to Sidari in Zante, maybe you could do some research on this area of the island.

Good luck x

As for spain then to be honest I would probably say Salou is pretty good for nightlife not as rowdy as Magaluf although Ibiza is bloody great!!!! a fab place, we loved es cana and also loved playa d'en bossa also x

London, United...
2. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Thank you, yes I have looked at Tsilivi a bit and it looks lovely but finding it hard to find a good package deal.

I visited Es Cana 2 years ago with my family and absolutely loved it, I had a look at it but I'm finding it hard to find accomodation there aswell!

I will check out Salou thank you, as I believe playa d'en bossa to be very expensive?

Many thanks x

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 113
3. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Hi Mabel

Have you had a look at Stallis in Crete? lots of good package deals available-and is very similar to Tsilivi too.

If you wanted somewhere a bit more Greek then have a look at Agios Nikolaos a bit further along the north east coast in Crete.

London, United...
4. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Hi, yes I have looked at Stalis a little. What's the nightlife like in Agios Nikolaos? Thanks x

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 113
5. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Hi Mabel

Well its alot quieter than Stalis :-) - and there arent any English Pubs or karaoke etc.or theme type pubs... ..but there are three main bars that stay open late that tend to attract most of the tourists (as well as locals) these are Aquarius bar, Sorrentos and Alexandros Roof Gardens, all have Facebook pages if you want to have a look at those.

Then there are the bars that many of the local young Greeks use e.g. Puerto Bar (again has a Facebook page)

Agios has lots of great tavernas and chill out type bars too....so it depends on what you like really.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Waterford, Dunmore East
reviews: 126
6. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Piskopiano in Crete,perfect spot & only a short walk to Hersonissos if you want to go wild !

Slough,Berks
reviews: 34
7. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

I'd also recommend Salou in Spain and also Alcudia or Santa Ponsa in Majorca.

All abit like Sidari,as in they can be as lively or as tranquil as you want,but not 'rowdy in your face' resorts,and all have traditional bits aswell.

Hope you find what you're looking for.......

swindon,england
reviews: 64
8. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Hi,

Love Piskopiano ourselves,but nothing like Sidari and would not even say Hersonissos is that similar,the nearest to Sidari in simmilarity in Crete would definately be Stalis i.e, nightlife and beach.

Would also offer up Paphos in Cyprus as an alternative,it certainly has a lively nightlife around the bar street area in the summer months and there is a very nice beach up in nearby coral bay.

Birmingham
reviews: 66
9. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

Hi, I like Puerto del Carmen in Lanzarote too, lots of good nightlife but not too frantic

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
10. Re: Similar place to Sidari in Greece or Spain?

You could also look at tenerife for a lively holiday xx lots of ideas for you mabel and hope you find your ideal destination x let us know how you get on xx ps if you like tsilivi then check out cosmopolitan apt. They can be booked direct too x

Get answers to your questions about Sidari