We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Waterford, Dunmore East
reviews: 126
Based in Sidari,day trips ???

We like to do boat trips & possibly take in another Island.

Any suggestions & prices (approx) please ?

20 replies to this topic
Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
1. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Paxos anti paxos - unsure of price and bloody long day but worth a visit.

Visit one of the travel agencies in resort to get best price.

You could take a trip to Mathraki, Ericoussa or Orthoni from the jetty in sidari. Again unsure of price but a popular day out. Boat usually departs early morning and returns around tea time.

Also Captain Theos BBQ trip, very popular with young and old alike. From Corfu Town and travels down the east coast

Ireland
Destination Expert
2. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Thanks Mushyam.

Still trying to decide on Olga or Stema 2 apts,any advice ???

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
3. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Both a good choice, Olgas in canal d amour, stema opposite side of sidari. Still both within walking distance to main resort centre though x

I would pick Olgas but I like canal d amour area as it is quieter in the evening if you prefer a quiet meal etc although Stema is lovely too and set back from the strip and some lovely restaurants close by too eg el greco which is a delightful restaurant, bavias, salt and pepper also within walking distance too x

Ireland
Destination Expert
4. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Thanks Mushyjam.

We have opted for Stema,it was hard to choose between them,if we could move the Stema to the Canal area it would be perfect !

Have you any links for excursions,I assume the majority would operate from Corfu town !

I stayed in Ipsos years & years ago

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
5. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

You have still made a good choice Mary and I am sure you will just love the peace and tranquility of the surrounding area where Stema is located. The beach is just at the bottom of the road and a short stroll will bring you to the top end of the strip, and if you wander down the road for about 20 mins or along the beach front you will come to canal d amour x

Yes a lot of excusions are either from Kassiopi Harbour, or Corfu Town or Paleocastriska too for the beach bbqs.

Your best bet is to hunt around the agents when you get there to see what is on offer and believe me there are many excusions you can take.

You could visit albania, do the calypso star excursion, head out on a sunset cruise down the east coast, horse riding through the olive groves...... the list is endless.

We drove down to paleo last July and my sister and her family did the Yellow submarine excursion which they enjoyed.......

Ireland
Destination Expert
6. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Thank you very much Mushyjam.

Our booking to the Stema has just been confirmed,super excited now even though its months away.

My son has already asked if I will take him to Albania ! Paleo is fab,I went there on a trip last time I was in Corfu,so will also make a trip this time.I might just hire a car for a day or two to get out & about.I KNOW a week is not going to be long enough......

swindon,england
reviews: 64
7. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Hi,

I'm sure you will enjoy Sidari and all it has to offer and some of the trips available from the resort are excellent as mentioned above,one i would also suggest is the Corfu Town by night trip on the boat.Transfers are from your hotel across to Kassiopi harbour during the afternoon and sailing into Corfu Town around teatime,you then have around 4/5 hours to explore the town which is superb,plenty of historic sites,shopping,eating and watering holes and then a lovely relaxing sunset cruise back to your destination.

Also another trip we experienced was the boat trip over to Parga on the Greek mainland which is a delightful wee place to spend a couple of hours browsing the shops,visiting the castle and having a good breakfast.You then sail on to Paxos[another delightful wee harbour town stop] and spend a couple of hours browsing the shops and just relaxing by the harbour with a cool drink or two.Then taking a fairly brisk return along the coast of corfu back to your place of departure.

I see you only have a week so a lot to consider,we did contemplate the Albania trip but after reading a lot of negative reviews about it we decided against it,so maybe just have a browse of some of these reviews and make your own minds up from there.

Hope this helps.

Ireland
Destination Expert
8. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Thanks Scaffolder,much appreciated.

Do you have a link for the operator that you booked the trips with ?

I have read through some of the posts & we are considering the

Boat trip / BBQ

Greek night

I was in Paleokastritsa years ago on a trip & would love to go back & Kassiopi is another place I would like to see.

I suppose boat trips would be a big thing with us,my son loves them.But we are not keen on very early morning departures !! (Albania is out) lol

swindon,england
reviews: 64
9. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Hi Mary,

The company we booked through were called something like valaseros travel who are well known in Sidari,i think they have 2 shops there.i'm sure someone can hopefully give you a link to them,i'm sure mushyjam and moonpig would help out there.

Slough,Berks
reviews: 34
10. Re: Based in Sidari,day trips ???

Hi Mary,we also use Vlaseros Travel agency and have done since we 1st went to Sidari in 2000.

I havn't got a link for them,but they are easily found.One shop is located in the main strip opp the 3 Brothers hotel and the other is located not far from the 3 Little Pigs restaurant,opp Cactus Jack's mexican place on the way to the Canal d'amour area.

We love the boat trips also and a fav of ours is the East Coast cruise (either by day or night which is more romantic and called the Sunset cruise).The day trip isn't to much of an early start 8.30am - 5.30pm and the night cruise is 5.30pm - 11pm.Both this yr,I would imagine to be around 20/21 euros per person.You get picked up by coach in Sidari,onto Kassiopi (which is a g8t place to visit anyway),then boat trip.

Can also recommend the Erikousa island cruise trip.Much slower pace of life from mainland Corfu and very interesting.This trip actually leaves from Sidari jetty and wud prob be around 18 euros p.p this year.Times for that are 10am - 4pm.

Beach BBQ boat trip is a fab day out,but with you only having a wk,you are going to find it hard to fit it all in lol!!!I hope whatever trips you decide to go on,you'll hav a fab time.Happy hols......

Reply to: Based in Sidari,day trips ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted