We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations for Sidari

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morecambe, United...
reviews: 2
Hotel recommendations for Sidari

Hey,

Me & my partner have recently booked flights to Corfu & after much thought decided to stay in Sidari. I've been looking on tripadvisor for a while but can't seem to settle on a place... Does anyone have any recommendations? We're both early twenties, with about £350-400 to spend on accommodation for 2 weeks in May 2013.

Any help and/or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 59
1. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

It all depends what you want really........ do you want to be near the strip with the bars and restaurants etc or would you prefer the canal d amour side of the resort??

We stay in the canal d amour area as it offers the best of both worlds..... close to the strip if you want to head out but far enough away to have a good nights sleep too!!!

The canal d amour area has some great apartment complexes some offering great views across the sea to albania. You could check out Olgas, Christos, Kanali, Socrates or Marias. All in the canal d amour area.

I am biased and always stay at christos, fab apartments with all the mod cons and great views too. A lovely pool area and wonderful hosts.

Morecambe, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

Yeah, that's what I'm after... Best of both worlds, so if we fancy going for a drink we don't have to get taxi's but not sacrifice our sleep if we stay in lol.

I've been looking at quite a few hotels but I take the bad reviews too seriously & it puts me off. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover so to speak :-/

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
3. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

no you shouldnt unless every single review is bad that is - then obviously warning bells would be ringing - but look what constitutes someone's ideal holiday can also be a holiday from hell for others!!! if you took these reviews to heart too much you would not go anywhere - so go with an open mind and decide for yourself.....

When I check out reviews I read the good bad and the ugly.... this does not put me off as I prefer to experience what the resort has to offer me as a holidaymaker........ I personally cannot stand reviews that offer no advice or information but merely seek to slate the hotel/complex by complaining about bathrooms not being grouted properly or towels that and not pure white!!!!! hell fire some travellers really need to get a life.

The resort of sidari used to be a small fishing village but is now a purpose made holiday resort catering for old and young alike, some refer to it as blackpool in the sun due to the english breakfasts on offer and sunday dinners and pukka pies yada yada, we prefer canal d amour as it is an ideal location for us.

When visiting I would suggest you maybe hire a car for a few days or a quad bike to get out and about and explore the island, go off the beaten track and you will find wonderful traditional villages, hidden secluded beaches and the most spectacular scenery imaginable, which believe me will remain etched in your memory for a long time. Visit Corfu Town and the fortress or just people watch at the liston.

Remember the complexes in greece are basic but offer all you need, ie bed, shower, small kitchen, safe, air con, clean sheets and towels etc but remember you are only provided with one loo roll then you have to purchase your own!!! also remember you cannot put the loo roll in the toilet, but must put it in the bin provided in the bathroom. Some people don't research places beforehand and it comes as a shock when they have to pay a euro for two loo rolls!!!! and then they come onto trip advisor and moan about it!!!!

reviews: 14
4. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

Excellent timing to review these posts. Just booked flights myself.

Any opinions on the following apartments

Perros apartments

Angelina apartments

Lagoon apartment

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
5. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

Perros Apartments - opposite side of sidari - nice apartments in a good location only about 10 mins walk from strip if that...

Lagoon again excellent location just off the main sidari road about 5 mins walk to the strip but set back off the road and traffic, lovely apartments and fantastic staff too....

Angelina - my preferred location in canal d amour offers best of both worlds - close to strip but far enough away for peace and quiet and to enjoy a more intimate relaxed holiday if that is what you prefer - Angelinas is a small complex with a small pool and bar area but I believe apartments are fine for your needs although not my first choice to stay in this area.

If you need any further info Skyco then I will do my best to help all I can x

Michelle x

6. Re: Hotel recommendations for Sidari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, January 06, 2014