We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
reviews: 13
Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Looking at booking the Kanali Apartments for next July for me and my family age ranges from 6 to 68. We would be booking 2 x 2 bedroom apartments.

I have been to Sidari before but not since 1999. Is the resort and these apartments suitable for families?

Is the location of the apartments OK in terms of being in a nice area and not too far from night-life?

Going in mid July is there likely to be a problem with mosquitos?

Any help/advice very much appreciated.

Mark

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
1. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi Mark - The Kanali are in a wonderful prime location with stunning views across canal d amour, aquarius restaurant is part of the hotel and again a wonderful place for meals and to enjoy the rock night on a wednesdays, abolsulely brilliant place.

As far as location is concerned, they are obviously in the canal d amour area but a short 10 minute stroll will lead you to the bright lights of the strip with bars and restaurants galore the location is ideal if you also prefer a more sedate evening, with quieter bars and restaurants along the canal d amour road, The Orchard and The face restaurant are both excellent as is Il Strata Pizza Restaurant.

We visited last month and to tell you the truth the mozzies weren't half as bad as we expected (we have had much worse in other months) but for precautionary measures, remember to spray your room, keep windows/doors closed in the evenings and use a good repellant.

If I were you I would book the Kanali you will love it.

Any more info just ask

Michelle xx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
2. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi markavfc - The Kanali apartments would be perfect for you... they have two bedroomed apartments and they have lovely views overlooking the sea towards Albania. The pool is right by the Apartments and it has a small paddling pool attached (ideal for those kiddies to try swimming.). The pool also has steps down into the main pool.

Next to the pool is the Aquarius Restaurant - fabulous food and service which is part of the Kanali - again with superb views over the sea.

The Kanali is situated about a 10 to 15 minute walk (flat walking) into the main Sidari Strip with shops bars and restaurants. The Canal D'Amour area (where the Kanali is situated) has a great selection of different restaurants to choose from and I think the best part of Sidari.

The mozzies (pesky little blighters...!!) are about, but wherever you go in the Mediterranean you are like to get them. Just come armed with 2 x liquid mozzie repellent plug ins (one for each room for each apartment), use air conditioning, you will need it in July (allow 5 to 7 euros per day, as it is extra as is most apartments are in Corfu). Buy locally, citrus candles or the 'spirals' to burn on your balcony at dusk. We also found the Boots after sun cream good too. With potions and lotions you should be able to keep the blighters at bay!!

We go to the Kanali every year (4th time this year) and I have just booked for two weeks next year...!!! Need I say more!!

You will have a great time and will be well looked after by the staff as it is a family run aparthotel and Restaurant.......Go book..... Fi

I think the Kanali would be suitable for your family

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi mark,the two previous posters are the experts,they have said just about everything there is to be said about the kanali,all I can say is,go,book it.the staff,the hotel,the restaurant,all wonderful,not too far from the "strip",my wife has walkIng difficulties and coped fine,I honestly can't reccomend it highly enough,I recently reviewed it and the Aquarius restaurant.,don't hesitate,book it.

birmingham
4. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and for all the info.

It has convinced me to book and we are now all booked up to go for 2 weeks next July.

Sure I will be back with a few more questions before we go!

Mark

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 58
5. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

You won't be disappointed Mark and will have the best time at the Kanali - an excellent choice x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
6. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi Mark.......Way to go!! As Mrs M said....you won't be disappointed. Any questions, just ask and we will do our best to help you... Fi

Boston Lincs
reviews: 1
7. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi Mark

We are going on July 5th next year for 2 weeks, will we see you there then ?

Its our 3rd time, cant fault the hotel, great place to stay.

East Dereham...
8. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

HI

we are taking out grandaughter (she is 4) to the Kanali for two weeks on the same date so will see you there

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
9. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi Sue.....and welcome to the Sidari forum..

Hope you enjoy your holiday to Sidari and The Kanali..

Fi

Boston Lincs
10. Re: Kanali Apartments and Sidari Advice

Hi Sue A

Nice to find someone else going at the same time, we are already getting excited !! I keep imagining us in our favourite chairs at the Aquarius, looking at the view over the bay !